/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Marathon/Aleph One Films to Quicktime?
Posted By: DonPistolaDate: 12/9/02 6:17 p.m.

Does anyone know of a good way to convert Marathon or Aleph One films into Quicktime? I've been trying Snapz Pro (which came with my new TiBook- w00t!), but it seems to slow down the film replaying process to the point of being unusable. I've tried turning off OpenGL, putting it into low resolution, making the screen smaller, turning down the color depth- but nothing has made this actually work. Even if I slow down the replay, it seems to somehow catch the screen in mid-refresh, so that I'm looking one way in the top half of the screen, and looking the other way in the bottom half, or there's a rocket in the top half whose contrail should be in the bottom half, but gets cut off, etc.... Well, suffice it to say that it doesn't seem to work.
  I know about that MQTR thing, where you're supposed to drag your Marathon application onto it, put it in low resolution, etc., but I can't even get the Finder to let me drag Marathon onto MQTR- and I've tried it with Marathon 1, 2 and Infinity. Maybe this only worked in OS 9, I dunno. Yech.
  I'd probably assume that it just couldn't be done, if it weren't for that "10th Warrior" thing- you know, "I'm invisible," etc. (if you don't, then here it is- I think that should work), and the Rubicon trailer, and the Solace trailer, and, yeah. I can't imagine these people really just took screenshots of every frame in their movie and strung them together. Well, I guess I could, but I'd rather not.
  Aaaanyway, can someone help me here? It's not exactly urgent, but I would like to know how. Thanks.

DonPistola

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon/Aleph One Films to Quicktime?DonPistola 12/9/02 6:17 p.m.
     Re: Marathon/Aleph One Films to Quicktime?Ghôlsbane 12/9/02 10:16 p.m.
     Re: Marathon/Aleph One Films to Quicktime?Claude Errera 12/10/02 12:27 a.m.
           Re: Marathon/Aleph One Films to Quicktime?Vid Boi 12/10/02 5:35 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon/Aleph One Films to Quicktime?Pillar 12/10/02 10:38 a.m.
     Re: Marathon/Aleph One Films to Quicktime?Andrew Nagy 12/10/02 10:36 a.m.
           Re: Marathon/Aleph One Films to Quicktime?Pillar 12/10/02 11:00 a.m.
     Re: Marathon/Aleph One Films to Quicktime?Pillar 12/12/02 5:25 p.m.
           Re: Marathon/Aleph One Films to Quicktime?DonPistola 12/15/02 11:41 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon/Aleph One Films to Quicktime?Pillar 12/17/02 11:46 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.