/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

well that was new...
Posted By: Spooky Freaky DaaveDate: 11/15/02 6:11 p.m.

Hi,

I was playing Marathon (well, marathon evil anyway) earlier today when something odd happened. I had skipped to one level that had blue fighters and big nasty drones all over the place, but I luckily had a bunch of VacBobs that teleported in and helped save my ass. So I figured I'd let them do the dirty work (I know, I suck). So I pretty much sat on the sidelines and watched them not only take out the enemies, but hit each other with missfires. Funny, funny, ha ha ha. Funny until I heard one of the Vacbobs scream "Who's side are you on!" and another "Traitorous Pig!" before a group of fighters mauled them and came after me. Now I'd like to point out that, usually, in order to get the bobs pissed at you, you actually have to slap 'em around a little first. Unless, of course, the level is set up so that the Bobs are the enemy.

Now, I was very careful here and didn't let any of my stray bullets hit any bobs. Which means, that, because they can't shoot straight, I'M to blame.

Dude, who pissed in YOUR Frosted Flakes?

It might have been a fluke, or glitch or something. I for one haven't had this happen before. If we look at the situation logically, I can understand why they would call me "traitor" for just standing there while they died. However, the bobs never follow logic. I mean, I let them go on suicide runs like this all the time. So that rules that out. Any ideas? Has this happened before to anyone else? Am I just stupid, and this was implemented the whole time? i must know!

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

well that was new...Spooky Freaky Daave 11/15/02 6:11 p.m.
     Intereresting! Never happened to myself however NMErnie 11/15/02 6:21 p.m.
     Re: well that was new...Boomer 11/15/02 11:31 p.m.
     Re: well that was new...John Sumner 11/16/02 3:38 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.