/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Theory on Gulty Spark..(Possible Spoilers)
Posted By: Elite Spartan IIDate: 11/8/02 6:00 p.m.

Ive tried the GameFAQs board and the HBO forums..no one seems to be listening. Yet I think this is really good. It all started on the GameFAQs board..I already saw the Halo 2 Trailer. But it got me wondering..how did those Covies get to Earth? So I started the topic..(let me know if you want the link) We came up with some good stuff..but i think i figured it out. Remember when Guilty Spark flew away at the end of Halo? Read this Level Transcript of The Maw from the HBO Forums..

(Cinematic-The Chief takes Cortana's chip from his helmet and inserts it into the cylindrical terminal near the front of the bridge. Cortana appears above it.)

CORTANA:

I leave home for a few days, and look what happens. This won't take long. (She concentrates for a moment, and the main screen flickers to life. "Self Destruct Sequence Initiated" is displayed across the top, and numbers begin counting down from what is, as far as I can tell, a random starting point between twelve and sixteen minutes.) There. That should give us enough time to make it to a lifeboat and put some distance between ourselves and Halo before the detonation.

(The Master Chief moves to unplug Cortana from the terminal, but stops abruptly with an all-too-familiar voice)

343 GUILTY SPARK:

I'm afraid that's out of the question, really.

CORTANA:

Oh, hell.

(The camera cuts to show 343 Guilty Spark extending arcs of energy across a series of consoles in a large room which, we learn later, is Engineering)

343 GUILTY SPARK:

Ridiculous! That you would imbue a warship's AI with such a wealth of knowledge! Weren't you worried it might be captured? Or destroyed?

(Cut to Cortana)

CORTANA:

He's in my data arrays, a local tap!

(Cut to 343 GS)

343 GUILTY SPARK:

You can't imagine how exciting this is! To have a record of all of our lost time! Human history, is it? Fascinating.

(343 GS flutters around Engineering, as Sentinels join him, and scans another console)

343 GUILTY SPARK:

Oh how I will enjoy every moment of its categorization! And to think that you would destroy this installation. As well as this record. I am shocked. Almost too shocked for words.

So, Guilty Spark tapped into Cortana's Data Bank, found the Coordinates while sifting through the "Human History", and at the end..he flies off to a Covie ship..or he flies off somewhere..but he ends up telling the Covies anyway..think thats a good theory with strong proof? Maybe someone on this board will listen..its my last hope, anyway ;(

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Theory on Gulty Spark..(Possible Spoilers)Elite Spartan II 11/8/02 6:00 p.m.
     Re: Theory on Gulty Spark..(Possible Spoilers)Elite Spartan II 11/8/02 6:12 p.m.
           Re: Theory on Gulty Spark..(Possible Spoilers)Pillar 11/9/02 2:40 p.m.
                 Re: Theory on Gulty Spark..(Possible Spoilers)Elite Spartan II 11/9/02 5:29 p.m.
     Re: Theory on Gulty Spark..(Possible Spoilers)archon 11/9/02 5:36 p.m.
           Re: Theory on Gulty Spark..(Possible Spoilers)Alfred Mordeir 11/9/02 8:01 p.m.
     Re: Theory on Gulty Spark..(Possible Spoilers)Vid Boi 11/10/02 1:27 a.m.
           Re: Theory on Gulty Spark..(Possible Spoilers)archon 11/10/02 2:27 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.