/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

New AO Carbon Build Rocks
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 10/29/02 6:05 p.m.

I'll have much more to post on this later, but I've been playing around with the new build of AO carbon much of the afternoon and have tried it with all major scenarios and several minor ones. Most of the significant problems have been solved, but some of the long-stading ones still remain. One thing that is critical is that you trash your old preferences files from the previous carbon build. These are in the preferences folder of your home folder. You'll then need to reenter your preferences. Millions of colors now works well and provides adequate performance, but the landscapes, at least for me, still don't appear properly in millions of colors unless you manually reduce the resolution in the OpenGL preferences. Simply reducing the bit depth of the landscape textures doesn't seem to work.

AO carbon works well with almost every scenario I tested. For some reason, it wouldn't recognize Ph'jouer's files, even with the appropriate script in the Scripts folder. The Pfhortran sequence in Yota 12 now works properly, as does the cut scene in Yota 13. However, in the first level of Yota 13 where the player wasn't given the appropriate shotgun ammo in the old build, the player now gets an endless stream of ammo. It was really quite funny - I had over a 1000 rounds by the time I managed to kill Zero.

Again, I'll have more to say shortly, but check out the new build. If you have trouble unstuffing it as Chris Lund did, let me know. If I don't get too many requests, I'll e-mail a copy of a disk image I made of it.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

New AO Carbon Build RocksSteve Levinson 10/29/02 6:05 p.m.
     Re: New AO Carbon Build Rocksulrik sverdup 10/29/02 7:20 p.m.
           Re: New AO Carbon Build RocksSpeaker-To-Animals 10/29/02 8:04 p.m.
                 Re: New AO Carbon Build RocksSteve Levinson 10/29/02 8:41 p.m.
     Allright! Mine works now! *NM*Vid Boi 10/30/02 4:59 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.