/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Freaky Weapon modification messups...
Posted By: ErnieDate: 9/9/02 4:59 p.m.

I'm attempting to create a 'secret' level that utilizes a different sequence for the fists/pistol than the rest of Marathon.

I modified a total of 5 slots in the Weapons Collection.
Slots to be #'s 27 (pistol idle), 28(pistol firing),29 (pistol reloading),
And... I forget the exact #'s of the two I used for the 'Idle Fist, and 'Attacking fist' sequences [i was doing this at 3am].

Problem is this: After I correctly (I believe) modified the fist and Pistol values using Hakvil (and Anvil, I tried both) to alter the levels Physics File...

I get this:

The carpet Mortar (Im using a modified version of Rubicons Shapes... its ok by Chris and Scott) appears for the firing sequence of the pistole, and it's idle frames are that of something else... just offscreen.
The Fist... ick.. the fists are those of the Dream Level white shirt'ed fists from Rubicon. And if you punch with them, it crashes Marathon and my Machard.

Any idea as to what I may be doing wrong? Are there any common misconceptions about modifing weapons? Are there some strange Sequence numbering offsets that I dont get? (like the numbering in Hakvil/Anvil doesnt start at 0, it beings at 1, while the Shape file begins at 0? I don't know!)

Thanks, and This level I'm working on is just some extra to WMaiD... you'll have to work hard to find the level (I hope).

Regards,
-
Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Freaky Weapon modification messups...Ernie 9/9/02 4:59 p.m.
     Re: Freaky Weapon modification messups...REB 9/10/02 3:27 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.