/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Quick, I need an answer to a Question!!
Posted By: ErnieDate: 9/4/02 4:31 p.m.

Well, since I'm back to school and I'm in Grade 13 art (yes, I'm in Ontario, Canada, and I'm the last year that gets grade 13... HS ends at Gr 12 now).

I've found I need to create 8 different pieces of work over the course of the semester (now till January). The only paintings I believe I could crank out that wouldn't take a month a piece (I don't have 8 months to spare!) would be ones of the Marathon Logon symbols.

I was thinking of doing a painting of:

-White marathon logo set on a dark, thickly layered black/shades of black BG

-The conjoined circle Jjaro symbol, on similar BG

-The conjoined rectangle Jjaro symbol on similar BG

-The Pfhor smaller logon symbol (similar to the remade one used at Marathon:resurrection web site) on similar BG

-....aaaannnnnd? I have no other Ideas. Anyone?

I was THINKING of, if my teacher isn't anal retentive, and lets us do more than 1 medium, I could make a wood sculpture of the Marathon logo as well. I believe that some one here on the forum did this once. Whoever it was, please post here, or contact me, I'd like a description, (or pictures!) of how it looked).

Also, I need some assistance to make this work. My teacher demands we choose a "mentor" artist to base our artistic style on. It doesn't have to be exact (if I chose Van Gough, it wouldn't HAVE to do cubism... I could take an element of his work and put it in my own).

Does anyone know the name of a 'famous' (enough to be in art books) artist who's work is similar to this description:

*** paintings focus only on one main subject or symbol (not a lot of stuff happening in the Background), and is an abstract artist?
An artist who, for example, just paints a person in the middle of a field wouldn't help me.

An artist who paints one giant star on a black BG, however WOULD.

Thing is, I just need to B.S. my teacher with an artists name, to justify me painting symbols on canvas.

: D THAT, and I need some help with this before tomorrow morning. I have to have "my mentor" decided by my art class, which is 1st peroid.

Of course, I'll scan all work I do and post links to it, once its done.

-Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Quick, I need an answer to a Question!!Ernie 9/4/02 4:31 p.m.
     Re: Quick, I need an answer to a Question!!Jeff 9/4/02 7:14 p.m.
           Re: Quick, I need an answer to a Question!!D-M.A. 9/5/02 1:29 a.m.
                 Re: Quick, I need an answer to a Question!!Ernie 9/5/02 7:03 a.m.
                       Re: Quick, I need an answer to a Question!!D-M.A. 9/5/02 9:41 a.m.
                       Re: Quick, I need an answer to a Question!!Pedrof 9/5/02 10:23 a.m.
                       Re: Quick, I need an answer to a Question!!Tru7h 9/5/02 3:07 p.m.
     Re: Quick, I need an answer to a Question!!Tycho 9/6/02 7:45 p.m.
           Re: Quick, I need an answer to a Question!!Ernie 9/7/02 8:24 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.