/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Frustrating level teleportation issue
Posted By: ErnieDate: 8/9/02 5:54 p.m.

Well, the progress on WMaiD is progressing. I've actually created some pretty cool effects with Forge, and finished entire levels.

But...

I find when I'm trying to have the player teleport via a terminal (#INTERLEVEL TELEPORT n, placed right after the #LOGOFF n) from level 13, which is a small shuttle level, to level 14:
-it does the familiar teleport effect,
-then displays a message stating that 'an error has occured while trying to read from your map or saved game file'.

Why is this happening? THe level its transporting to is fine, and so is the one before, and after it. I've tried replacing the level with other copies of that level, and the same effect.

If I can't teleport to the next level, this sseriously impeeds my progress on WMaiD.

Can anyone offer a solution to this strange behavior?

And just for reference, the level its teleporting TO (level 14) is a modified version of the Rozante. (With some modifications, nothing that would make it Un-rubicon like).

Thanks in advance,

-Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Frustrating level teleportation issueErnie 8/9/02 5:54 p.m.
     Re: Frustrating level teleportation issueScifiteki 8/9/02 10:50 p.m.
     Re: Frustrating level teleportation issueC Lund 8/10/02 12:52 a.m.
           Re: Frustrating level teleportation issueErnie 8/10/02 11:37 a.m.
                 Re: Frustrating level teleportation issueC Lund 8/10/02 12:25 p.m.
                       Marathon Terms And Continous LinesScifiteki 8/10/02 8:08 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon Terms And Continous LinesC Lund 8/11/02 1:42 p.m.
                       Re: Frustrating level teleportation issuezudo 8/11/02 3:59 a.m.
                             Re: Frustrating level teleportation issueLunair 8/11/02 3:50 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.