/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Possible new scenario
Posted By: MaxXDate: 8/4/02 2:12 p.m.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, but it looks cool. I am a Windows Aleph One user (my IIci Mac stinks), but I might be able to get forge and anvil to work under emulation. Anyway, I MAY make a nice little TC for Aleph One called Marathon: Leela, but I wanted to check with you guys for storyline compatibility.
Does this plot fit into the general Marathon story?

1. Marine opens interdimensional portal (in the last level of Infinity) and enters space-time void "nirvana" for 50 real-time years.
2. You are pulled out by Leela to do her bidding on the Pfhor homeworld. Leela has become the rampant "goddess" of the Vyleans, but a piece of her is missing. Turns out that piece made it to the Pfhor world with Tycho.
3. After using you to nullify an attack of Nar on Vylean frieghters, she sends you to the homeworld of the Pfhor (sorta like Rubicon I guess).
4. At the homeworld, you do several things;
A. Break into Pfhor labs and reassemble Leela into the Pfhor network.
B. Explore some Pfhor history records.
C. Shut down the Simulacrum factories (there's a Pfhor name for them but can't remember it now).
D. Free human slaves.
5. Then, suddenly, the Earth/S'pht Kr alliance shows up, ready to blow the Pfhor to smithereens. Leela lets you join the marines and rebelling compilers in flattening them. Durandal shows up in his Rozantie(spelling?) ship. He captures you and sends you to kill the Pfhor High Command.
6. A final showdown occurs between Tycho and Durandal. Durandal wins in the end.
&. During the showdown, Leela recaptures you and uses you to find the almost dismantled Marathon (to which FTL capabilities has been added), and you and some humans and compilers escape the final destruction of the Pfhor homeworld (by way of the trih xeem).
7. THE END

So, what do y'all think? does it match the storyline and overall sound cool, or have I consumed too much coffee recently?

P.S. If I do it, it will run on Macs and Linuxes too.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Possible new scenarioMaxX 8/4/02 2:12 p.m.
     Re: Possible new scenarioScifiteki 8/4/02 4:52 p.m.
           Re: Possible new scenarioTru7h 8/4/02 6:18 p.m.
     Re: Possible new scenarioMark Levin 8/4/02 7:11 p.m.
           Re: Possible new scenarioMaxX 8/4/02 9:12 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.