/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Uplink Switches and the S'Pht Keycard
Posted By: ErnieDate: 7/22/02 9:44 p.m.

Curious...
I've wondered for a long time if the item called 'S'pht keycard' can be used somehow in place of a uplink circut item.

I'm trying to have this scenario set up in a level abord a UESG/UESC ship:

Marine is teleported abord, and in order to gain access to one of two elevators that lead to main engineering (where the core is located, and the wires he has to smash, but gains access to via hacking a terminal---end result is to overload the engines and screw over the ship, etc) he has to beat up either
a.) A tecnician in the Morgue, or
b.) A Science Engineer in the accessable back part of the ship

In either case, they drop a S'pht Door key. It can be used (I'm REALLY hoping) in place of a uplink circut to be inserted at one of two securtiy stations to gain access to main engineering.

Cool concept, I think. The levels done, everythings ready, except for this card deal. Right now, I have a tab activated switch that activates the security-locked elevator door and elevator, just for level testing purposes.

I would just switch the graphic in Anvil of the keycard and uplink circut and avoid this whole mess, but I need the uplink circut to look like a circut because there crucial to earlier levels in my Scenario.

Hrm. : \

As far as I've found, they "S'pht keycard" item doesn't function as a uplink chip would when trying to insert it into a uplink chip-switch in Marathon.
I'm hoping I've just set the switches up incorrectly.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,

-Ernie

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.