/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Damn you fake bridges!
Posted By: ErnieDate: 7/20/02 7:25 p.m.

Anyone whos seen the fake bridge effect in Marathon (skillfully used in the Level "Blasted Ventcores" in Rubicon, [where you end up erasing Charlie the A.I, remember?] at the begining).

Well, I'm trying to learn how to do that damned trick, and by faithfully reproducing a facimilie of that 5D trick (I think thats whats utilized) and 2 hours of work...

I just can't get it to work!!

I mean, all the poloygons are lined up the same fashion, similar distances ... same height levels used throught (i had 2 copies of Forge Running to check back and forth) and still no avail.

All I can get is a castle-like structure that has the same kind of diverging entrace that the begining of 'Blasted Vencores' has, minus the upper level.

Sure, the upper level EXISTS, I checked it by placing a player on it, then viewing it in VISUAL mode. But, the walls can't be "seen through", if thats the correct way to describe it, therefore failing to achive the 2 floor, one on top of the other, effect. I even have a sky as the celing, and not a regular texture. (I read thats important some where).

I could stuff the tiny map and email it to anyone who could help... for them to maybe point out how I could possibly be doing this wrong.

I really want to get this effect working!

Thanks in advance all,
-Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Damn you fake bridges!Ernie 7/20/02 7:25 p.m.
     Re: Damn you fake bridges!Scott Noblitt 7/20/02 7:53 p.m.
           I'll send you the map tonight Scott -thanks.Ernie 7/22/02 3:31 p.m.
     Re: Damn you fake bridges!Johannes Gunnar 7/21/02 6:35 a.m.
           Re: Damn you fake bridges!Simon Dupuis 7/21/02 10:24 a.m.
                 Re: Damn you fake bridges!goran 7/21/02 1:07 p.m.
                       Re: Damn you fake bridges!Simon Dupuis 7/21/02 1:14 p.m.
                             Re: Damn you fake bridges!Scott Noblitt 7/21/02 2:01 p.m.
                                   Re: Damn you fake bridges!Simon Dupuis 7/21/02 8:06 p.m.
     Re: Damn you fake bridges!Nick Rolfe 7/22/02 3:57 a.m.
           Re: Damn you fake bridges!Simon Dupuis 7/22/02 7:26 a.m.
     Re: Damn you fake bridges!goran 7/23/02 12:52 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.