/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Curious about Tycho clones...
Posted By: ErnieDate: 7/20/02 2:00 p.m.

I am indeed curious about the prospect of the Tycho clones mentioned in Rubicon.
I have a eerie feeling in my mind that there existance is mentioned in M2 and Infinity (Tycho Derrivitive Units?) but...

I'm going to make a hypothetical distinction bettween a CLONE and a DERRIVITIVE (sp?) UNIT.
The personality of a Tycho CLONE would be exactly that of the origional Rampant lunatic A.I. We met up with a Tycho clone in Rubicon (who turns out to the the origional?-who would have thought...). His personality is the same as Orig. Tycho's.

The personality (I assume) of a Tycho DERRIVITAVE UNIT would not be exactly the same as orig. Tycho's.
I'd assume that because of the Pfhor's 'lacking' skills in the creation of an A.I (as demonstrated by their alteration of Tycho as the primary source of A.I) a Derrivitave Unit; (Pfhor made) would be very simplistic, or matter of fact. Basically, lacking that distinctive condacending tone we all reconize.

Why would I bring this up?

Because I feel like doing so, and the fact I've featued a T.D.U in my scenerio 'Where Monsters Are In Dreams'.

I just want to make sure I'm not violating Mara-Cannon by creating a Tycho Derrivitave Unit with personality characteristics *not present* in other T.D.U's that may have been mentioned or brought in throughout the Origional Trilogy + Rubicon. (Since I'm basing this secenerio off of all of Rubicon's texture and sprite sets, with modifications, Rubicon is damn well Cannon for me).

I think that all versions of Tycho we've run across thus far have been CLONES, and not D.U, but I'm asking the Marathon community for confirmation of this.

Thanks again,
-Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Curious about Tycho clones...Ernie 7/20/02 2:00 p.m.
     Re: Curious about Tycho clones...Inverted Sock Puppet 7/21/02 5:09 a.m.
     Uniqueness of an AISteve Levinson 7/21/02 10:00 a.m.
           Re: Uniqueness of an AIErnie 7/22/02 6:52 p.m.
                 Re: Uniqueness of an AISteve Levinson 7/24/02 8:42 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.