/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Here's to you Al, wherever you are....
Posted By: YossarianDate: 7/20/02 12:13 a.m.

In Response To: Bad news... very bad news (Johannes Gunnar)

: Bungie has now announced that Alex Seropian is leaving bungie. What happens
: now i donīt know

Well, of course now things aren't going to be the same ever again, just like they haven't been since...well, since you know when. Yes, this actually does seem strangely familiar.

This is not to say that this is the end, not at all. With Jason at the helm and many of the old familiar faces still hanging around we can still expect many more great productions (and antics) from our favorite production studio.

But I really can't blame the guy, it's actually quite a wise move quitting while you're basically ahead and all. I think that Bungie has done a great lot and come a very long way in these 11 years and I know that Marathon and Bungie have been one of the most prevalent influences in my life in terms of beliefs, thought processes, etc since I first put in that purple CD-ROM. I wish him the best of luck with his new family, and if past performance is any indication, this too will prbably be a great success. I have to admit, it feels strangely comfortable knowing that he's going back to Chicago...seems almost...symbolic.

"Peace, found as a solitary runner..."

Thanks for everything, Alex

Yossarian
(M. Francis)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Bad news... very bad newsJohannes Gunnar 7/19/02 1:56 p.m.
     Re: Bad news... very bad newsAgent Shem 7/19/02 2:16 p.m.
     Hats off to 119 *NM*Callie21V 7/19/02 3:28 p.m.
     Re: Bad news... very bad newsarchon 7/19/02 3:36 p.m.
     Here's to you Al, wherever you are....Yossarian 7/20/02 12:13 a.m.
           Re: Here's to you Al, wherever you are....Johannes Gunnar 7/20/02 3:19 a.m.
     Nooooo!Vid Boi 7/20/02 6:36 a.m.
     The end of an era....Grasshopper 7/20/02 7:42 a.m.
     So long and thanks for all the games! :P *NM*Vid Boi 7/20/02 7:41 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.