/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

I'd get WCIII, but not for me
Posted By: Agent ShemDate: 7/18/02 7:27 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Nooo, I hate it. (Max Etchemendy)

I would like to get Warcraft III, but not for me. For my little sisters who keep playing that @#%&* game Age of Empires. YUCK! What a horrible game!

The worst part (and WCIII prevents this) is the Human Wave technique. The thing I really appreciate about Myth from all other RTS games is that each guy has a name and you can see his kills. Therefore, you're less likely to waste him in a suicide (I've only done that once, with a derf. Don't ask, he deserved it) and you can appreciate him as an individual. In AoE, the best strategy, crowning pinnacle of ancient warfare, is to amass a horde of cheap warriors and throw them into the gaping jaws of death. All you can say for it is that it works. Not only does it look stupid, but I have terrible pangs on conscience, not to mention that it's not really strategy. It's not even realisitc. When you play the Greeks, they were well trained warriors. They should fight like the Myth 2 guys. You can't even do formations in AoE. It's horrible.

And there's the thing about shooting arrows through a dense forrest and having it come out on the other side. =^D And I really like it when you try to nail a little guy with a catapult. The guy just walks around and dodges the rocks. It's incredible.

And that's not even to mention the sounds....=^P "OOM pa pa" "Badaboom!" "HOO HOO!" "Hoy yoyo, hoy yoyo!" "Hoytay!" And the little toy horn they blow when the Glorious Legion sees your fishing boat. An enemy fishing boat? Horrors! We need to amass our entire army!

But my little sisters are addicted to it. I try to get them interested in Myth 2, but they don't want that. No other games at all. =^( It's always AoE, AoE, AoE.

So I might just get them WCIII to get them off of AoE. Damn Microsoft games...Yeech!! Too bad Halo has to be a microscum game...but it's not too tainted since Master Gates knows his inferiority to the Bungie guys...

Shem

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Halo Poll smashM-Class 7/16/02 3:35 p.m.
     WarCraft III DOES rule. (nt)Rincewind MoG 7/16/02 7:17 p.m.
           Nooo, I hate it. (nt)Vid Boi 7/17/02 5:19 a.m.
                 I havn´t even tried it!Johannes Gunnar 7/17/02 5:22 a.m.
                       Re: I havn´t even tried it!Agent Shem 7/18/02 7:11 a.m.
                 Re: Nooo, I hate it.Rincewind MoG 7/17/02 8:53 a.m.
                       Re: Nooo, I hate it.Johannes Gunnar 7/17/02 9:01 a.m.
                             Re: Nooo, I hate it.Max Etchemendy 7/17/02 12:13 p.m.
                                   Re: Nooo, I hate it.Djof 7/17/02 7:42 p.m.
                                   I'd get WCIII, but not for meAgent Shem 7/18/02 7:27 a.m.
                       Re: Nooo, I hate it.Vid Boi 7/17/02 1:01 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.