/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Weird dream
Posted By: Agent ShemDate: 7/16/02 10:52 a.m.

I dreamed I went to heaven with all my family, but I was a bit disappointed. It was kind of a hotel place, and there was even an interstate with lots and lots of cars flying by on the road. We even took our luggage. However, the only things I took were my digital camera, and my drawing pencils, 2H, HB, and 4B. It was sort of like a vacation.

So I got kind of bored, but not too badly. After all, heaven is so much better than the alternative. =^) But I was laying down on the living-room floor, looking at the walls, which were covered with little drawers, about the size and shape of Post Office boxes. (More on that later). I was wondering what was so special about this place.

Then suddenly, I took up my pencil, the 2H, and started looking at it and thinking. And looking and thinking. I had a thought forming in my mind about something, but I just couldn't capture it. Then I looked up, and my dad was sitting in a chair in front of me. He smiled and said, "Once you realize the pencil is also a pencil, you've got it."

"That's it?" I said, incredulously.

"That's it," he said.

So I looked and I thought (Think the spoon-bending in the Matrix) and suddenly the pecil started to glow. And then other things in the room started to glow. And then I was glowing, and floating in the air! I shouted out, "WHOOOO HOOOO!!!" ans started running and flying and jumping and just being happy. I raced cars on foot, flying down the road at 70 miles per hour! It was so much fun!

You see, I realized that the physical also has a spiritual counterpart that mirrors it. Once I realized this, I and everything I knew became utterly spiritual. It was as if spiritual and physical had switched places of perception. Now I was spiritual, but it was as real as physical. The physical world became the shadow world I couldn't see.

I ran back to my family to tell them, and it worked for them too! I tried to take family portrait with my newly-spiritual camera, but it would only photograph the spiritual people. The physical people didn't show up. Everything esle did, however, but it was all somehow spiritual "stuff".

Now I knew what heaven was.

Then I started looking at the drawers in the wall. They started at one end of the room, saying things like, "The Creation"; "The Flood"; "The Patriarchs"; "The Exodus". And others were famous events in history like the conquest of England and World War II. When I opened a drawer, it would be like opening a window into history, and I would experience it fully.

But then I got to the last drawer on the wall, and inside it was a few papers. I just about cried when I read the label on the front of the drawer.

It said, "Plans for Galactic Starship".

I, shuddered, said, "Ooooh, yeah!" And then I woke up.

Interpretation: Never watch 2001: a Space Oddessy before bed.

Shemovial

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Weird dreamAgent Shem 7/16/02 10:52 a.m.
     Re: Weird dreamJohannes Gunnar 7/16/02 12:35 p.m.
           Re: Weird dreamSome guy 7/16/02 1:58 p.m.
           Re: Weird dreamAgent Shem 7/16/02 2:56 p.m.
                 Re: Weird dreamM-Class 7/16/02 3:06 p.m.
                       Re: Weird dreamAgent Shem 7/16/02 5:42 p.m.
     KEWL!!! *NM*D-M.A. 7/17/02 3:37 a.m.
     Re: Weird dreamMax Etchemendy 7/17/02 12:19 p.m.
           Re: Weird dreamJohannes Gunnar 7/17/02 1:11 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.