/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Damage Inc. Weapons (incomplete)
Posted By: some guyDate: 7/13/02 10:47 p.m.

Damage Incorporated, made by paranoid productions, One of the few games featuring the M2 engine that made it to the PC. It's connections to marathon are both myraid and few. Practically every memorable catchphrase or quote from Marathon is uttered by your squad ("they're everywhere!...but this ones dead.""If I had a rocket launcher I'd make sombody pay!"ect.) at one time or another. Does it end there? Maybe. My knowledge of the achitecture of Marathon and most of Marathon2 levels is pretty limited. Could there be analogs between the games? Dunno. I'll never get a Mac, so it's pretty much up in the air until someone starts caring.
Excluding the levels, is anything else similar? Well, when you die you can still see but this is used in many games. The weapons? Yeah definently. I'll go over some of them now, expect a complete list and some stuff about your fellow squadmates(arguably the games most important feature) somewhere between a day and a month from now.

Knife- Alright, a weapon instead of your fists! Course, the marine arguably didn't need a melee weapon, being a battleroid and all. The knife is pretty weak ( I haven't tested whether run knifeing is any better) and there's really no excuse to use it. In marathon, running out of ammo could happen, it's not like those fighters were dropping clips, but in this game practically every enemy has a gun and drops ammo. Only the extremly wasteful would evertruly need it.
Sa80- The standard pistol. Fires slightly faster and contains slightly more ammo, but seems weaker. Can be supplemented with another pistol and acid ammo clips. Since most enemies use bullet(instant hit) based weapons, 2 pistols is ideal because the enemy will be constantly wincing from blows until he dies. And an enemy whose wincing is an enemy who can't fire.
M-16- Remember the assualt rifle? Remember how inaccurate it was? Remember how Durandal said he fixed it? Remember how he didn't? Well this is what we would have gotten. Doesn't hold quite as much ammo, but it's accuracy more than makes up for it. The grenade launch function still works, but it quickly loses speed and hit's the ground, giving it a smaller range. It's still considerable, and since you usually fight in corridors and hallways, the range factor does'nt come into play that much. You can supplemnt it with armor peircing clips.

That's it for now, it's 1:00 here and my caffine buzz just wore off

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Damage Inc. Weapons (incomplete)some guy 7/13/02 10:47 p.m.
     Re: Damage Inc. Weapons (incomplete)Johannes Gunnar 7/14/02 5:20 a.m.
           Re: Damage Inc. Weapons (incomplete)Agent Shem 7/14/02 7:42 a.m.
                 Re: Damage Inc. Weapons (incomplete)Johannes Gunnar 7/14/02 11:55 a.m.
                       D'oh!some guy 7/14/02 1:05 p.m.
                             Re: D'oh!Johannes Gunnar 7/14/02 1:07 p.m.
                 Re: Damage Inc. Weapons (incomplete)Scifiteki 7/16/02 2:23 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.