/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Species O' Phfor?
Posted By: some guyDate: 7/13/02 8:43 p.m.

Note: This entire post is assuming that the Phfor(pfhor?) had an ecology similar to earth's and that they evolved from some form of insect.

Ok, we seem to assume the Phfor evolved from social insects, so, which kind?
The four main groups are bees, wasps, termites, and ants. So how do we pick? Well, the pfhor seem to have a well defined caste/class structure (from what I can remember, my memory seems hazy) bees for the most part use an age-based system for the workers,and wasps do whatever it is they do. Well, the Pfhor don't have wings(not that that means a whole lot) They have that crazy architecture, while wasps and bees seem more ordered. I'm going to rule those two out and focus on the ants and termites.
In ants the females do all the work, in termites it's both sexes that are soldiers and such. Now, I vaguley remember something bungie wrote about pfhor breeding, and it made it seem like the females hung back and did the egg laying, but the males still died when they mated, which might indicate that ants male drone class gained worker capabilities and the females were regulated back into reproduction.
unless I remembered wrong, in which case I'd still go with the ants (though the termites architecture resembles the crazy-as-hell pfhor ships in that they're both crazy-as-hell)

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Species O' Phfor?some guy 7/13/02 8:43 p.m.
     Re: Species O' Pfhor?Steve Levinson 7/13/02 10:52 p.m.
           Re: Species O' Pfhor?some guy 7/13/02 11:12 p.m.
                 Re: Species O' Pfhor?john zero 7/14/02 2:59 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.