/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

dubious Halo and TOLKIEN connection
Posted By: Agent CletusDate: 7/9/02 6:08 p.m.

Hey all, this is really doubtful but I'll throw it out anyway. I remember seeing a picture Tolkien drew of Middle Earth, and, surprise surprise, it wasn't a nice round globe. It was a ring-shaped construction. There. I've said enough. =^) Actually, Middle Earth started out flat, but these human-elf half breeds (some unimportant race called "Numenoreans") decided to sin big-time, and thus died big-time. But the gods decided at that same time to change the shape of the world, to prevent another scandal from happening. Foreverafter it was called the "Bent World." But, as I've said, they didn't change it into a simple ball. A ring. Although, it was a little more than just "a ring": it was a ring-shaped geometric impossiblity. Very strange little map.

That does bring up the issue of whether Sauron's ring has anything to do with Halo. ;^D No, Cletus, it really doesn't.

(Halo is a symbol of marriage! Get it? A ring! Har har har!!!) Actually, that might work...<=^\

Cletus

By the way, I REALLY ask some atheists to join my yahoo philosophy group. Somebody needs to disagree with the theists, and I (boo hoo) play devil's advocate so much that people at the University begin to think that I'm an atheist. =^P So far, no atheists have joined, and I'm not changing my religion for interesting discussions. This is the last time I bring it up, too. =^(

PPS Have you seen the new LorR movie trailer? It's at apple's quicktime page I think. Awesome! Legolas is riding a skate board! (No, am NOT, repeat NOT kidding. Watch the trailer in slo-mo)

Does God Exist @ Yahoo

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

dubious Halo and TOLKIEN connectionAgent Cletus 7/9/02 6:08 p.m.
     Re: dubious Halo and TOLKIEN connectionVid Boi 7/9/02 7:11 p.m.
           Re: dubious Halo and TOLKIEN connectionPedrof 7/9/02 8:52 p.m.
     Re: dubious Halo and TOLKIEN connectionJohannes Gunnar 7/10/02 4:58 a.m.
           Re: dubious Halo and TOLKIEN connectionJohannes Gunnar 7/10/02 4:59 a.m.
                 Re: dubious Halo and TOLKIEN connectionAgent Shem 7/10/02 5:43 a.m.
                       Re: dubious Halo and TOLKIEN connectionJohannes Gunnar 7/10/02 12:21 p.m.
     Re: dubious Halo and TOLKIEN connectionM-Class 7/10/02 3:39 p.m.
           Re: dubious Halo and TOLKIEN connectionAgent Shem 7/10/02 4:27 p.m.
     Re: dubious Halo and TOLKIEN connectionShm00 7/14/02 1:28 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.