/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

I never understood this...
Posted By: ErnieDate: 7/9/02 5:51 p.m.

": This reminds me of a mystery regarding your starting location on Arrival. The
: manual prologue says that you maneuver the Mirata 's Maneuvering Pod into
: an empty docking bay on the Marathon. On Arrival, there is a docking bay
: with a conspicuous object in it. Supposedly this object is your
: Maneuvering Pod. There is only one door to this room (aside from the one
: wall open to space)"

I always accepted that the Marathon marine is not ON the Marathon at the initial attack... hes in the shuttle the 'Mirata'.

BUT... if the UESC Marathon's travaling to Tau Ceti... WHERE is the marine traveling FROM?

It can't be from a colony... it would be too far to traval without going into cryo-sleep [or equivilant].

This ALWAYS bugged me in the back of my mind. I'm thinking I have the timeline messed up in my head. But... does Bungie's timelines tell of the Marathon reaching Tau-Ceti and establishing a colony there AFTER the Pfhor attack, or before?

Confusing indeed.

On an offhand question, are there any Marathon Fan's here in Canada?
I know we seem to have a cult-like following in Sweeden (; ), but Canadian Mara-fans are something rare. Or maybe there just hiding.

-Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

I never understood this...Ernie 7/9/02 5:51 p.m.
     Re: I never understood this...Tru7h 7/9/02 8:10 p.m.
           Re: I never understood this...[Tycho?] 7/10/02 3:29 p.m.
           7years!!!!!M-Class 7/10/02 3:56 p.m.
                 Why wasn't OUR marine destroyed?Steve Levinson 7/10/02 4:50 p.m.
                       Re: Why wasn't OUR marine destroyed?Agent Shem 7/10/02 5:39 p.m.
                             Re: Why wasn't OUR marine destroyed?Tru7h 7/10/02 6:11 p.m.
                             Re: Why wasn't OUR marine destroyed?Inverted Sock Puppet 7/10/02 7:59 p.m.
                                   Re: Why wasn't OUR marine destroyed?Scifiteki 7/11/02 12:58 a.m.
                                         Re: Why wasn't OUR marine destroyed?Steve Levinson 7/11/02 5:43 p.m.
           Re: I never understood this...Djof 7/10/02 7:32 p.m.
                 Heh... well:Ernie 7/11/02 11:15 a.m.
                       Re: Heh... well:Tru7h 7/11/02 11:58 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.