/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

WARNING!!! SPAM!!! DO NOT READ!!!
Posted By: Agent CletusDate: 6/27/02 4:49 p.m.

Ok, you're really gonna hate me now...

I've started a Yahoo Group called Does God Exist to debate all kinds of theological, philosophical and scientifc subjects. Discussions will most likely start with an assumption or a question, and members will have an opportunity to just listen or post their opinions.

Don't mistake me. I'm trying to make this as fair to all beliefs and philosophies as possible. I really wish to avoid the snobbishness of other "atheism vs. Christianity" forums (which is not what this is, really). I've included a bookmarks page, which will be ever-expanding, with both atheist and theist apologetics, plus dictionaries and even an online free library of public-domain books, which will be very helpful if you want to read Darwin or Pascal but don't own the books. All good links are welcome, so tell me if you find a good one!

After the recent flame-war about science (which I thuroughly enjoyed! Sorry.) ;^) I wanted to have a place for interested people to talk about issues that are important, without a theist trying to convert atheist, or vice versa, through dubious historical and laboratorical evidence used as weapons -- that's no fun, and this Marathon forum is no place to discuss those subjects. But it is a pleasure to refine ourselves, and to be challenged by opposing viewpoints; and hopefully, minds sharp enough to think about intellectual subjects should be smart enough to be polite and collegial. That includes me, if anybody's worried! =^) Actually, I sincerely hope to avoid the Creation vs. Evolution issue! =^) That would be to scourge a long-dead horse.

If you would like to sign up, follow the link at the bottom. If not, that's ok. If you think that I'm rude and impolite for advertising on the Marathon forum, then go ahead and hate me. =^)

There won't be much activity on the DGE forum for at least another week due to my efforts to refine the process and the page files, but sign up now and stay tuned -- I hope to be very active on the forum, and promote discussions through regular "Assumptions" or "Questions" which I will post, along with some things to think about for the discussion. Questions could range from "Does God exist?" to the assumption, "Gravity exists" -- which you and I will try to prove or disprove. Try, not accomplish, which is the whole purpose of the forum. Sophists welcome. No brain, no service, I'm afraid.

Have fun!

Agent Cletus

Does God Exist Forum

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

WARNING!!! SPAM!!! DO NOT READ!!!Agent Cletus 6/27/02 4:49 p.m.
     Re: WARNING!!! SPAM!!! DO NOT READ!!!Johannes Gunnar 6/27/02 5:15 p.m.
           Re: WARNING!!! SPAM!!! DO NOT READ!!!Agent Cletus 6/27/02 8:33 p.m.
                 Re: WARNING!!! SPAM!!! DO NOT READ!!!Johannes Gunnar 6/28/02 4:00 a.m.
                       Re: WARNING!!! SPAM!!! DO NOT READ!!!Boomer 6/28/02 8:08 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.