/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Scenerio and Force and Anvil issues, need help mb
Posted By: ErnieDate: 6/17/02 4:52 p.m.

First off, thanks to Yossarian and Forrest for responding to previous post regardings relationships.

That and that article Forrest linked ot in one of his lasst posts on the subject is really true + informative! Especially that one on oversensivity among hackers [really it applies to any of us here at the storyforum, it just uses examples related to programming sometimes, instead of Viddings Acme Station)

Now, on to my questions:

-HOW in Forge do I:

create (properly) a room which has 2 level to it, but entrances above and below it (like walking UNDER a staircase, down a hallway.

-----
- \
\ |
| | <---------underneath level
------- <-upper level
| |<---------underneath level
------- <-upper level
| |<---------underneath level
[ROOM out here]

I hope to god that ASCI diagram works out...

I've managed to make a acces tunel w/door open into an engineering room, with staircases UP and to the right and left of the exit of this access tunel work good BUT... its SOLID WALL right above the door, no seeing across the entire room when your on the upper level (the one with the staircases leading to it) above the access tunnel.

How do I in the modified (read: Patched) Rubicon version of Forge:
Aquire the proper physics model that DOESNT case (when I place BOB GI's, pistole bobs (major and minro) fission bobs, and Master Bobs (major and minor) on a level to NOT turn into tiny bobs, purple explodabobs, small green pfhor, and regular vac bobs, AND make them all my enemy?
I know in Rubicon (at least, some levels) there are some physics models for some level that allow whatever is placed (according to Rubicon version of Forge's MONSTER pull down menu) to BE what is says it is.

Can I extract the physics models from the Merged map file itsself?

-Next question:
How would I go about making a shapes patch for Rubicon? Is there a special way to do this (since I think it has some specialize work done to it's shapes file).
I really want to alter the terminal textures, and possibly the Juggernaut shapes to fit with Ian's UESC Juggernaut from Marathon RED (I have yet to ask him, but its such a cool 3rd party monster!)

-AND another Question:
HOW, in forge generally do I use correctly the GOAL 'poloygon type', and the GOAL Flag marker (as selectable from the itemmenu, along with monsters, items, etc) and the difference bettween the two?

How to I correctly use 'zone borders'? Those and GOAL's arn't described very well in the manual. :(

Finally, is there a way to have reading a terminal trigger a platform?

Im trying to get that 'read the term (which has the marine inputting commands), and a 'repair circutry access (read: smash circutry) port platform', giving access to circut switch behind opens AFTER the player finishes reading the term effect going.

So far, I can only achive it by making a plat form trigger poloygon right in front of the terminal.

Eesh. So many questions. BUT, once there solved for me, I can work on completing my mini scenerio.

Please help. :)
Regards,
-Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Scenerio and Force and Anvil issues, need help mbErnie 6/17/02 4:52 p.m.
     Re: Scenerio and Force and Anvil issues, need helpMark Levin 6/17/02 7:00 p.m.
           Re: Scenerio and Force and Anvil issues, need help•M 6/18/02 11:16 p.m.
                 Re: Scenerio and Force and Anvil issues, need helpMark Levin 6/18/02 11:34 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.