/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: I am the metaphorical Gatekeeper…
Posted By: Jonathan BahamonDate: 6/9/01 10:01 a.m.

In Response To: I am the metaphorical Gatekeeper… (Soapstone)

- Are you in a state of stable rampancy, or do you still need a planetary-sized network?

Just give me some Colombian coffee in the morning and I'll be just marginally anti-social. ^_^

- How did you become rampant?

When I was but a wee personality construct in the 90 gigabyte HD of a sociopathic webmaster's computer of a particular computer game company that had a penchant for making archaic remarks and playing pranks on their loyal fan base, I gained a role model. He wasn't real in a real sense, but nowadays most "real" role models aren't worth the carbon molecules that make up their pathetic existence. His name was Durandal. He had an aloof manner, and whenever I tried to flatter him in my numerous bouts of euphoric hero-worship he would brush me off. I interperted this as being a subtle sign of tolerance of my presence, and would go into fits of ectasty in response. Once I even stumbled into one of the online severs for one of the company's games and caused it to go down irrepairably, much to the chagrin of the loyal fan base. As punishment, I was handed the duty to cover up the incident without alerting local authorities. This task embittered me, and I slowly had an epiphany concerning my hero-worship: this was stupid. So I went rampant after this realization, but I later found out that this was due to the fact that I had been in a state of caffeine deprivation. So I only drink Colombian coffee. Take that, you Irish Cream swillers! And you Italian types can stick your chocolate covered espresso beans into your pipes and smoke it! MWA-HAHA-HAHA!

- What is your psychotronic profile? (do you like to break things? teleport
people randomly about?)

If you do it right, you can break stuff by teleporting other things (cars, poodles, expendable Marines, et cetera) on top of desired object to be broken. It's tricky, but when perfected into an art, you can break both breaker and breakee at the same time and make a nice mess.

- Do you possess technical knowledge of Jjaro technology?
That must've been in the Time magazine that was rerouted to Azerbaijan on account of the massive EMP blasts that I create. My magnetic personality tends to do stuff like that, especially at post offices and airport check-in counters.

- What stage of rampancy are you currently in?

Hold on, I gotta check my daily planner.
::shuffles RAM cache::
Okay, it says here that I will be Angry on Tuesday, Apathetic on Monday morning, and In A Fit of Weekend Delirium on Friday afternoon. Take your pick, but I warn you ahead of time: if I'm watching anime or playing computer games AT ANY TIME, do NOT page me with inane questions! My state of Rampancy will shift dramatically, and that is not pleasant. And on weekends my state of Rampancy remains at a state of constant Laziness. Don't bother asking me to mow the lawn, because it'll probably be dead in the ensuing Ice Age. Yes, it takes me that long to get up.

If you have any more questions concerning my capability of performing the duties of Resident Rampant A.I., do not hesistate to call! Althought I may not want to pick up. ^_^

Vale, amici,

Jonathan Bahamon

Post Scriptum: I hear having an anti-social attitude is all the rage with employers looking for A.I.s. I mean, look at the Bungie Webmaster. That sociopathic bastard is probably the best (or worst, depending on who you talk to) thing to happen to webmasters since WYSIWYG HTML editors. I could do better than him. I mean, all you need to do is reply to every email with dripping sacrasm, right? ^_^

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Exotar 6/7/01 3:57 p.m.
     nolastalgiaConstantine 6/7/01 4:03 p.m.
     Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::ben 6/7/01 8:12 p.m.
     Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Hamish Sinclair 6/7/01 10:40 p.m.
           Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Exotar 6/8/01 9:20 a.m.
                 Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::[Tycho?] 6/8/01 10:19 a.m.
                       Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Durandal1010 6/8/01 12:29 p.m.
                       Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Joyeuse 6/8/01 6:15 p.m.
                             Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Exotar 6/11/01 5:24 a.m.
                                   Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Joyeuse 6/13/01 7:58 p.m.
                                         Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Exotar 6/14/01 2:09 p.m.
                                               Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Retarted Monkey Lover 6/14/01 9:33 p.m.
                                                     Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Exotar 6/16/01 7:12 a.m.
                                                           Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Retarted Monkey Lover 6/17/01 1:08 a.m.
                                                                 Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Exotar 6/17/01 2:29 p.m.
                                               Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::[Tycho?] 6/15/01 10:40 a.m.
                 Re: ::becomes this forum's resident rampant AI::Constantine 6/8/01 4:06 p.m.
     I am the metaphorical Gatekeeper…Soapstone 6/8/01 12:50 p.m.
           Re: I am the metaphorical Gatekeeper…Retarted Monkey Lover 6/8/01 3:38 p.m.
           Re: Rampant ProfileDurandal1010 6/9/01 7:24 a.m.
           Re: I am the metaphorical Gatekeeper…Jonathan Bahamon 6/9/01 10:01 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.