/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Rubicon
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 5/23/02 7:28 a.m.

In Response To: Rubicon (:: Beer Can ::)

It's an amazing coincidence, but I was planning to post today about the possibility of starting a "volunteers'" thread dealing with Rubicon. I've had an interest in doing this for a while, but no time, and it will still take me a long time to get this going - I doubt that I'll be able to match the pace with which Mark cranket out the M1/2/I levels. If there is an interest, I'll get started on it shortly.

I know I'll probably get flamed for this, but I still think that Rubicon makes a much better sequel to M2 than does Infinity. Not that Infinity doesn't have it's virtues, but it's just to schizophrenic for the average player. Most of us probably didn't understand the shifting of timelines the first time we played it. To me the one thing that really distinguished M1 & M2 from the competition in the PC world was the strength of the story. MI had a strong story, but it was incredibly cryptic. Rubicon is actually 2 stories - one very strong and the other much less so - but still worth exploring. Of all the 3rd party scenarios, Rubicon is the best at holding true to the original plot developed by Bungie, which is why I think that it deserves special attention here.

Hamish - I know that you have stated in the past that you will not deal with 3rd party scenarios on the Story Page, but I would hate to see the efforts of a Rubicon Volunteers' effort lost after a time. Is there a way that we could capture the dialog so that it could be preserved on another website? BTW, there is a Rubicon website at bungie.org, but it's essentially moribund.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Rubicon:: Beer Can :: 5/23/02 2:42 a.m.
     Re: Rubiconzudo 5/23/02 2:46 a.m.
           Re: RubiconSteve Levinson 5/23/02 7:16 a.m.
                 Of course :D *NM*zudo 5/23/02 10:01 a.m.
     Re: RubiconSteve Levinson 5/23/02 7:28 a.m.
           Re: RubiconMark Levin 5/23/02 11:09 a.m.
           Re: Rubicon:: Beer Can :: 5/23/02 1:39 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.