/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Marathon Done Quick...?
Posted By: FoozwakDate: 5/22/02 11:58 p.m.

Dunno if this is the right place to post this, but, Hamish also runs the Vidmaster page, so I thought this was probably the next best place.

Anyway, is anyone familiar with Quake Done Quick [With a Vengeance]? (http://www.planetquake.com/qdq/) It's a series of demos (movies) where the goal is to complete the game as fast as possible. Unless one has the most violent, utter and complete contempt for that game, one really can't help but be very impressed with the demos shown.

Anyway, Marathon movies have always been about the Vidmaster rules - kill everything, try to show all secrets, etc. Finishing quick is a part of it, but only after completing the other rules - and killing everything takes an awful lot of time, especially with fists.

I think it might be cool to try a similar - Done Quick approach to Marathon. Never mind the enemies, just think of it as a race - a Marathon Marathon :)

Although, thinking about it, I'm not sure if Marathon really suits this approach, at least not for some stages. The walk/run speed in Marathon is relatively slow, and the weapons and shields needed to do the more complicated tricks like grenade/rocket jumping are not found on most stages.

Still...it might be interesting. Thoughts?

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Done Quick...?Foozwak 5/22/02 11:58 p.m.
     With new maps... *NM*Boomer 5/23/02 4:13 a.m.
     Re: Marathon Done Quick...?Steve Levinson 5/23/02 7:14 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Done Quick...?Andrew Nagy 5/25/02 5:49 p.m.
     Re: Marathon Done Quick...?Icaro 5/24/02 10:21 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Done Quick...?Hamish Sinclair 6/1/02 9:54 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.