/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: A1 Bridges & Balconies
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 5/19/02 12:10 p.m.

In Response To: A1 Bridges & Balconies (:: Beer Can ::)

: Has anyone here used the "Bridges & Balconies" version of A1?

I used to use it all the time. It's the only version of A1 that provides anything approximating OpenGL on my old Beige G3. It's fast and stable, and it's the only current Mac version of A1, other than the carbon release, that works in 'thousands of colors' (Dithered Millions). There's just one major problem - the dimensions of the marine are wrong and you can't get through some openings. This is more than a little frustrating! Since the lastest release of AO carbon came out, I've pretty much stuck to that, foregoing transparency, the use of high-res shapes files etc. - it's well worth giving up these for OS X stability. And OpenGL works fine on my Ti PB G4 - I just have to live with being banished by my wife to the other end of the house ;-) .

In any case, Bridges and Balconies is a great concept that definitely should be further developed. It's too bad that the developer has dropped work on it. I hope that someone else in the open source community will take it up and possibly roll it into a future carbon release.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

A1 Bridges & Balconies:: Beer Can :: 5/18/02 1:29 p.m.
     Re: A1 Bridges & Balconiesgoran 5/19/02 12:22 a.m.
           Re: A1 Bridges & Balconies:: Beer Can :: 5/19/02 2:00 a.m.
     Re: A1 Bridges & BalconiesSteve Levinson 5/19/02 12:10 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.