/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: A proper venue?
Posted By: Rick BlaineDate: 5/14/02 3:26 p.m.

In Response To: Re: A proper venue? (Claude Errera)

[snip]

: story (like other parts of Halo) was, by necessity, rushed, and the credit
: you've given Bungie for tying it in with Marathon/Myth/whatever is
: misplaced. That's a personal opinion, and you're absolutely welcome to
: disagree with it. (I stopped arguing when I realized that there was no way

[snip]

With all the confusison regarding the buyout, and the pressure of a fixed shipdate, there's no doubt in my mind that Halo was rushed.

I would argue there hasn't been a truly original story since Gilgamesh. It's the combination of elements that makes a story unique. I also understand & respect your decision regarding which side of the fence to stand on.

: As for being off-topic... I agree wholeheartedly with Hamish - this is a fine
: place for your speculations. (I happen to believe that the number of

Agreed, as long as we're careful to post spoiler warnings. As far as I can see, there's only three things that should be ruled off-topic:

1) No personal attacks. Swearing at another poster is verboten.

2) "Is not - is too" arguments. We need reasoned arguments based on facts. Wishing doesn't make something true.

3) Public speculation regarding future plot lines. Number three is the biggie. We don't want to mess up Bungie in the manner the Babylon 5 newsgroup did to jms.

: intelligent posters (as well as the number of Marathon players) at HBO is
: quite a bit higher than you seem to think... but that's neither here nor

I have seen inteligent arguments over there. I found the "How many Halos?" discussion quite interesting. The movies are fun too. I do feel that the signal-to-noise ratio is much higher over here, though.

: there.) Beyond that... this is his playground, whatever his protestations,
: and if he approves, I approve. :)

Understood. And kudos to you & Hamish for the more than seven years of hard work required to build this place.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

A proper venue?Rick Blaine 5/13/02 12:18 p.m.
     Re: A proper venue?Hamish Sinclair 5/13/02 2:23 p.m.
           Re: A proper venue?archon 5/13/02 3:11 p.m.
                 Re: A proper venue?Boomer 5/13/02 3:14 p.m.
                 Re: A proper venue?Rick Blaine 5/13/02 3:20 p.m.
                       Re: A proper venue?archon 5/13/02 9:05 p.m.
                             *Halo Spoiler* Re: A proper venue?Rick Blaine 5/14/02 2:53 p.m.
     Re: A proper venue?Claude Errera 5/13/02 5:01 p.m.
           Re: A proper venue?mnemesis 5/14/02 1:10 p.m.
           Re: A proper venue?Rick Blaine 5/14/02 3:26 p.m.
                 Re: A proper venue?Mark Levin 5/14/02 4:16 p.m.
                       Re: A proper venue?Rick Blaine 5/14/02 4:54 p.m.
                 Re: A proper venue?Claude Errera 5/14/02 5:53 p.m.
                       Re: A proper venue?mnemesis 5/15/02 11:12 a.m.
                       Re: A proper venue?Hamish Sinclair 5/15/02 1:13 p.m.
                             Re: A proper venue?Claude Errera 5/18/02 6:59 p.m.
                                   Re: A proper venue?Hamish Sinclair 5/19/02 3:21 a.m.
                                         Re: A proper venue?Claude Errera 5/19/02 7:22 p.m.
                                               Re: A proper venue?Mark Levin 5/19/02 11:25 p.m.
                                                     Re: A proper venue?M-Class 5/20/02 3:08 p.m.
                                               Re: A proper venue?Hamish Sinclair 5/20/02 12:18 a.m.
                                                     An attempt at clarity.Claude Errera 5/20/02 9:58 a.m.
                                                           Re: An attempt at clarity.M-Class 5/20/02 3:15 p.m.
                                                           Re: An attempt at clarity.Miguel Chavez 5/21/02 12:06 a.m.
                                                                 Re: An attempt at clarity.M-Class 5/21/02 2:22 p.m.
                                                                       Re: An attempt at clarity.Nate of B.org 5/21/02 5:22 p.m.
                       Storyeva05 5/20/02 3:12 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.