/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: This Is Stranger Than Fiction
Posted By: M-ClassDate: 5/4/02 1:06 p.m.

In Response To: This Is Stranger Than Fiction (REB)

I doubt life imitated Marathon. I think this is a case art resembles life. He is questioning the world around him and not getting an answer. He asks and only hears his own mind answering back. I see more and more limitation, but can this person see he has limited himself? He must be frustrated by his own life.

This person doesn't sound any more like Durandal than any other intelligent nut case. This person states they do not feel free in this country. Obviously, he suffers from mental illness. He is so sick that any belief that one person should not hurt another he may have had has been overcome. He does not feel there is justice. He obviously doesn't feel that he can act out openly in a constructive manner so he has turned to anonymous destruction.

We must all reach out more, and speak out more so that people do not succumb to their fears and hatred. To let them know there are good people who agree with them. And to show them a better way.

It makes sense to get angry and want to act. Many kill for what they believe in. Many have died for what they believe in. It is far better to live for what you believe in.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

This Is Stranger Than FictionREB 5/3/02 8:48 p.m.
     Re: This Is Stranger Than FictionSisgmund 5/3/02 9:10 p.m.
           Re: This Is Stranger Than FictionREB 5/3/02 11:55 p.m.
     Re: This Is Stranger Than Fictionarchon 5/4/02 12:23 a.m.
           Re: This Is Stranger Than FictionRincewind MoG 5/4/02 9:04 a.m.
     Re: This Is Stranger Than FictionM-Class 5/4/02 1:06 p.m.
           Re: This Is Stranger Than FictionREB 5/4/02 2:42 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.