/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Bizarre 'Perfect Dark' Marathon alterations
Posted By: ErnieDate: 4/26/02 4:23 p.m.

Since I don't yet have a copy of UT to use with Marathon:Ressurection to get Marathon in its full 3D glory...

I settled with poking around with the N64 game 'Perfect Dark''s multiplayer settings. Total setup, which I save to the game pack itsself takes under 7 min.

Skins:
-For Marathon-like player skins (pretty damn close, I'd say...) theres 2 uniforms (one Blueish, looks like Chapter screen Marathon Marine), and (one green, looks like M1 marine). I usually play Blue, brother plays Green.
For the player head, theres a strangly familiar head that matches the Marathon marine's. Its got the visor and everything.

-For M2+Minf BoBs skin:
Theres a uniform that even has a small insignia on it that almost matches the BoB skins. The player heads can be anything really, but theres one that matches the BoB head, minus the cybernetic implant.

-For M1 Bobs:
Theres a green jumpsuit, looking damn near the Green bobs from M1 amongst the skins. A brown hair'd player head looks good too.

For weapons, the 2 magnums, along with the Weapons setup screen allows for a great Marathon experience... on a N64. An alien weapon looks like the assult rifle from M2-Minf.
Using the Sim' setting (Bot setting), I was able to make 4 M1 BoB's 'peace sims'. Therefore they run around without weapons, looking like there right freaked out. They also atttempt to steal your gun if you take a couple of potshots at them. ;D

The M2+Minf Bob's with their Magnum's I set from easy to Hard, depending on the challange.
The most Marathon related map that I found in Perfect Dark had to be 'Ravine'.

Setting player teams such as 'Mjolnir' as Blue team, 'Tycho' for Red (I put all M2+Minf BoB's on this team), and 'Frog Blast the Vent Core' for Green, as the M1 BoB team.

I've spent hours on a borrowed N64 playing out my Marathon fantasy in 3D.

Hope this gives some ideas to thoes with a N64 and some spare time.

-Ernie

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Bizarre 'Perfect Dark' Marathon alterationsErnie 4/26/02 4:23 p.m.
     Re: Bizarre 'Perfect Dark' Marathon alterationsInverted Sock Puppet 4/27/02 5:32 a.m.
           Re: Bizarre 'Perfect Dark' Marathon alterationsErnie 4/28/02 9:40 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.