/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Xenosaga follow-up
Posted By: Dan ArisDate: 4/11/02 4:40 p.m.

In Response To: Xenosaga follow-up (Callie21V)

: Durandal Excalibur Gram Durand dull. The horseman loran of Frank kingdom had
: owned, long sawed. The origin is conveyed with the sword which was made by
: the angel, the loran giving applied from the angel also, pushing down the
: giant ___________, inserted in the hand also. When is presented in one
: time _____________ great emperor and grants to the loran again forcing.

OK, I can read *some* Japanese, and can coax more out of Babelfish. Here's my stab at it:

Durandal. The long sword which the horseman Roland of France owned. The origin is conveyed with the sword which was made by an angel, which also gave the sword to Roland, pushing down the giant ユトムンダス, inserted in the hand also. When is presented in one time Emperor Charlemagne and grants to the Roland again forcing.

The bit of gibberish in there isn't really Japanese, just a Japanese way of writing something that sounds like "Iutomundas" or "Yuutmundus" or something similar--I don't recognize it, so I can't do better than that.

: Durand dull DURANDAL It exceeds 4000 meters in total length, Kuu mosquito it
: is heavy the armament which I * foundation owns warship. The non tracked
: type colony which is the base of foundation being possible to dock, at
: that time it becomes the main propulsion engine of the colony.

DURANDAL: It exceeds 4000 meters in total length, it is the heavy armed warship which the Kookai Foundation owns. The non tracked type colony and the docking which make possible the Foundation, at that time it becomes the main driving force behind the colony.

The "make possible the Foundation" might be "make it possible for the Foundation to ", though I'm not sure what the something is.

Note that I've never played any Xeno- game, nor am I that good at Japanese yet, which is why these still look pretty odd, and may not make sense to someone who knows what's going on. I'm just trying to make it so it sounds more like English.

Dan Aris

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Xenosaga follow-upCallie21V 4/11/02 10:29 a.m.
     Re: Xenosaga follow-upDan Aris 4/11/02 4:40 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.