/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

If They're Going To Do It With Myst...
Posted By: REBDate: 4/3/02 8:33 p.m.

...Why not with Marathon also?

I'm talking about the article today at The Adrenaline Vault about the Sci Fi channel announcing a 4 hour mini-series based on the legendary game Myst (to be aired next year).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Myst was released originally as a mac-only game? I remember reading somewhere Myst used the (then) revolutionary hypercard technology, which was made by Apple.

Part of the article says: "...the crew uncovers an ancient civilization that existed beneath the surface of the Earth for thousands of years..."

Hey, Sci Fi executives: I know a similar story that involves discovering the secret of an ancient civilization (among many other things) and it comes from another legendary mac game too! Wanna read my script?

***START OF A FRAGMENT OF THE MARATHON SCRIPT***

INT. CRYO LAB

A man in green uniform come out of the darkness and run toward the group of survivors.

MAN IN GREEN UNIFORM
Thank God it's you!

Engineer Walker put down his gun trying to get a good look of the man.

ENGINEER WALKER
I think that's Graham from communications... Hey, Graham!

MAN IN GREEN UNIFORM
Thank God it's you!

CU of security officer Eddings expression. He smells something fishy.

SECURITY OFFICER EDDINGS
Easy, Walker...

ENGINEER WALKER (O.S.)
I think he's in shock

Engineer Walker jump over the barricade and runs to meet the man. The rest of the survivors scream at him to come back.

SECURITY OFFICER EDDINGS
Walker! Come back you idiot!

ENGINEER WALKER
Hey, Graham! Do you know anything about Strauss?

MAN IN GREEN UNIFORM
(running faster)
Thank God it's you!

The man in green uniform enters a well lit part of the lab. Now we can see him clearly: he looks like a normal person, except for his EYES. They're RED and reptile-like.

Engineer Walker notice this and STOPS, but it's too late: the man in green uniform EMBRACES him and EXPLODES.

JANITOR PEREZ
Holly Mother of God!

LEECH THE HACKER
Fuck!

Jennifer screams out in TERROR and began to cry.

SECURITY OFFICER EDDINGS
That must be one of the things that crazy computer was talking about...

ANOTHER man in green uniform jumps out of the darkness, followed by ANOTHER man wearing the same uniform, who's followed by ANOTHER man in green uniform, and so on. They're countless. And they all head to the same spot: the barricade.

HORDE OF MEN IN GREEN UNIFORMS
(out of sync)
Thank God it's you! Thank God it's you! Thank God it's you!

Janitor Perez hugs Jennifer. There's no hope in his eyes.

SECURITY OFFICER EDDINGS
(pointing his assault rifle against the horde)
Let's Dance!
(opens fire)

We see the bullets ripping through the body of one of the men in green uniform. Yellow blood spills out of the wounds and he EXPLODES. The explosion causes the man next to him to explode too and this originates a CHAIN REACTION. Arms, legs and other body parts fly all over the place.

Then: silence.

And we hear:

ANOTHER MAN IN GREEN UNIFORM
Thank God it's you!

Security officer Eddings turns around.

SECURITY OFFICER EDDINGS POV: another horde of exploding men appears behind them.

Everyone jumps to the other side of the barricade and run away, except security officer Eddings. He raises his assault riffle and -- CLICK -- he's out of ammo.

Security officer Eddings hurries to take out his pistol, but the men in green uniforms are too close.

***END OF A FRAGMENT OF THE MARATHON SCRIPT***

The full article at The Adrenaline Vault

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

If They're Going To Do It With Myst...REB 4/3/02 8:33 p.m.
     Re: If They're Going To Do It With Myst...Dan Aris 4/4/02 6:45 a.m.
           Re: If They're Going To Do It With Myst...ekul 4/4/02 7:38 p.m.
                 Re: If They're Going To Do It With Myst...Andrew Nagy 4/5/02 6:50 a.m.
                       Re: If They're Going To Do It With Myst...Alfred Mordeir 4/5/02 1:25 p.m.
     Re: If They're Going To Do It With Myst...:: Beer Can :: 4/5/02 11:44 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.