/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

question regarding M2WIN95 and net play
Posted By: Jonathan BahamonDate: 6/1/01 6:31 a.m.

I finally got a game of M2 Win95 going on my school's network. It was fun and my friends and I couldn't stop laughing when we fell in the lava so many times on OK, Who Wants Some?

But while we were having a good time, one of my friends said, "Hey, how come you're not dead?"

We looked over at my friend's computer and we saw that his in-game stats readout was different than mine. A little bit later he said that he had just killed me with an awesome SPNKR shot but I had failed to notice it because I was on a different part of the level entirely.

What causes this? I had never played a net game of Marathon before (yes, it was something to experience, like eating your first Krispy Kreme donut) so I didn't know what to expect. Did it go out of sync, like in Myth? It would do this 5 minutes into the game.

I'm just curious. It made for good laughter, watching the other guy walk into lava over and over again and make that scream. It was comedy at its best. My friends enjoyed it a lot since they had never heard it before.

Vale, amici,

Jonathan Bahamon

Post Scriptum: I know this is kinda off-topic, but I couldn't think of anywhere else else (save for alt.games.marathon) to ask this. I can't access newsgroups from the school computer.

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

question regarding M2WIN95 and net playJonathan Bahamon 6/1/01 6:31 a.m.
     Re: question regarding M2WIN95 and net playSoapstone 6/1/01 12:06 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.