/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: CFN?
Posted By: REBDate: 2/5/02 9:59 p.m.

In Response To: Re: CFN? (elmer)

: yeah my thoughts exactly..huh? what does that stand
: for[C.F.Nar?something]..and where is the connection reference?

: and..by the way..what is with the Nar anyway..whats the
: story..who..where..why..
: does it ever explane any more that little bits here and there and hidden
: secrect map text..
: elmer

The file I'm downloading is taking years, so I'm going to employ this little free time in answering your question. From the Marathon Scrapbook:

A great deal of effort went into enriching the storyline. Consider the following excerpts from Rob McLee's extensive history of the Nar, an alien race that the player never encounters over the course of the game:

"The Nar sprang into being exactly one week after the Universe sprang into being. They are an ageless race of immortal beings who, in the four billion odd years of their existence, have yet to develop a written language. This tends to hinder their scientific endeavor as they speak entirely in metaphor.

"The entire Nar homeworld has been developed. That is to say that the entire surface of the planet has a three story building built on it. In other words, the Nar homeworld is encased in a three story structure that covers every square inch of the planet's surface. On the lowest level (or "ground floor") we have the nar - the laborers and foot soldiers of the Nar. Living on the next level (or "mezzanine") are the C'Nar - the artisans and artificers of the Nar. A the highest level (living proof that filth rises to the top on any medium) are the Cf'Nar and the CFN Kommandoes - the Cf'Nar are the "Ruling Elite" of the Nar (mostly managers or scientific research facilities and heads of huge industrial combines) and the CFN Kommandoes are Warriors and Leaders of distinction, though the CFN Kommandoes usually go up to "the Roof" to hone their Martial Arts and tend the sod."

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

The ninth Nar reference?Hamish Sinclair 2/1/02 2:18 p.m.
     Please, somebody - I need closure!Kanen Faud'r 2/3/02 11:58 a.m.
           Re: Please, somebody - I need closure!Hamish Sinclair 2/3/02 2:54 p.m.
                 Re: Please, somebody - I need closure!Sisgmund 2/3/02 7:57 p.m.
                       Re: Please, somebody - I need closure!Hamish Sinclair 2/4/02 12:18 a.m.
                             Re: Please, somebody - I need..backup!elmer 2/4/02 11:28 a.m.
                                   Re: Please, somebody - I need..backup!Hamish Sinclair 2/4/02 11:56 a.m.
                             the scenario isint ready yet *NM*Tru7h 2/6/02 3:26 p.m.
     OK, I got it...Kanen Faud'r 2/4/02 1:46 p.m.
           Woohoo!Hamish Sinclair 2/4/02 2:34 p.m.
                 CFN?M-Class 2/4/02 3:24 p.m.
                       Re: CFN?elmer 2/4/02 3:57 p.m.
                             Re: CFN?...er.my.bad..elmer 2/4/02 4:06 p.m.
                             Re: CFN?Tru7h 2/4/02 6:51 p.m.
                                   Re: CFN?Djof 2/4/02 8:29 p.m.
                                   Re: CFN?billnye 2/5/02 5:51 p.m.
                                         Thats the common 1, try harder *NM*Tru7h 2/5/02 8:03 p.m.
                             Re: CFN?REB 2/5/02 9:59 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.