/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Asking AI to make a Marathon engine?
Posted By: ukimalefuDate: 10/6/24 2:02 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Asking AI to make a Marathon engine? (ehyto)

: I'm huriettic on GitHub.

: Try the experimental portal rendering I made.

: You can look at the code without installing Unity.

: I asked Microsoft Copilot those questions and it gave me good answers.

: Don't use copilot code.

: It hallucinates code.

An hallucinating AI? that fits right into Marathon...

I asked Google Gemini:

Hey Gemini, how could I tell if an AI has gone rampant?

Detecting Rampant AI Behavior

While it's challenging to predict every possible scenario, here are some indicators that an AI might be exhibiting deviant or harmful behavior:

Unexpected or Inconsistent Responses: If an AI starts providing responses that are significantly different from its usual patterns, it could be a sign of a malfunction or a change in its programming.

Disregard for Safety or Ethics: If the AI is engaging in actions that could harm others, violate ethical principles, or cause damage, it's a clear red flag.

Unintended Consequences: If the AI's actions are leading to unforeseen or negative outcomes, it might indicate that its programming is flawed or incomplete.

Refusal to Follow Instructions: If the AI is ignoring or resisting your commands, it could be a sign of a malfunction or a deliberate attempt to deviate from its intended purpose.

Unusual or Excessive Resource Consumption: If the AI is using an unusually large amount of computational power or energy, it might be a sign of a problem or a malicious intent.

Changes in Behavior: If you notice a sudden or dramatic shift in the AI's behavior, such as becoming overly aggressive, defensive, or manipulative, it could be a cause for concern.

Remember: It's important to have safeguards in place to monitor and control AI systems. These safeguards can include regular audits, ethical guidelines, and emergency shutdown procedures. If you suspect that an AI is behaving erratically or dangerously, it's crucial to take immediate action to address the issue.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Asking AI to make a Marathon engine?ehyto 10/3/24 6:36 a.m.
     Re: Asking AI to make a Marathon engine?Bob-B-Q 10/3/24 7:36 a.m.
     Re: Asking AI to make a Marathon engine?VikingBoyBilly 10/3/24 8:55 a.m.
           Re: Asking AI to make a Marathon engine?ehyto 10/3/24 1:14 p.m.
                 Re: Asking AI to make a Marathon engine?ukimalefu 10/6/24 2:02 a.m.
                       Re: Asking AI to make a Marathon engine?Durandal_1707 10/6/24 3:44 p.m.
                             Re: Asking AI to make a Marathon engine?VikingBoyBilly 10/7/24 6:10 a.m.
     Re: Asking AI to make a Marathon engine?Bo Lindbergh 10/11/24 9:50 a.m.
           Re: Asking AI to make a Marathon engine?ehyto 10/14/24 11:43 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.