/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Eternal X Commentary: "Flames Of Icarus"
Posted By: Forrest of B.orgDate: 5/14/08 3:49 a.m.

In Response To: Eternal volunteers: Failed branch in "Prophecy" (pfhore)

Level 26: "Flames of Icarus"

(Based on "My Own Private Thermopylae" from Marathon 2; retooled by me. The title is a play on the war between the asteroid colonies of Icarus and the Thermopylae, where Battleroids were first used, as well as on the mythological story of Icarus and the fact that this level is a lava level now instead of a water level as "My Own Private Thermopylae" was).

You teleport in and are immediately confronted by a Drinniol and some Troopers. Beyond them is a terminal:

[L26-T0-Unfinished]

There are two directions to go from here. One of them takes you to one of the "beacons" that you must light to activate Thoth. The other takes you to to the convergence of three paths which was the beginning of "My Own Private Thermopolyae". One of the other two paths besides the one you just came from leads to a pattern buffer and a garbled terminal from Thoth:

[L26-T1-Unfinished]

(The garbled Thoth text of this terminal is actually copied verbatim from the garbled Thoth terminal on "Kill Your Television" in Marathon 2).

The other path leads eventually to the second "beacon". After lighting it, you must return to the previous terminal, where a more coherent Thoth awaits you:

[L26-T1-Finished]

You are teleported out to Level 27: "The Manipulated Dead"

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Eternal volunteers: Failed branch in "Prophecy"pfhore 5/14/08 3:26 a.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Eat S'pht And Die"Forrest of B.org 5/14/08 3:48 a.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "Flames Of Icarus"Forrest of B.org 5/14/08 3:49 a.m.
     Eternal X Commentary: "The Manipulated Dead"Forrest of B.org 5/14/08 3:50 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.