/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

WMaiD Jjaro Map Making contest - with prizes! *LINK*
Posted By: BlayneDate: 2/2/07 7:07 a.m.

Hi everyone,

I'm having a hard time finding time to create more new Jjaro-desert-outpost-world maps for the scenario "Where Monsters are in Dreams" because of a hectic university schedule.

So, in the best interests of progress and WMaiD, I make this proposal:

Between Feb. 1st and March 31st 2007, MaraMERCH and the WMaiD Development team are holding a map making contest. Prizes will be awarded for those maps included in WMaiD.

The goal of this contest is to tap the wealth of talented map makers in this community. All maps that are chosen to be included in WMaiD will recieve a limited run Blue Marathon Fabric Patch free of charge (postage paid by me).

I'll be posting the finalized Ancient Jjaro and Space Station Jjaro Texture Sets for public access this weekend here:

http://bighouse.bungie.org/wmaid/mapcontest2007.html

FAQ:

Q: What does the map have to be about?
A: Durandal has sent you down to an unexplored section of the installation to search for Jjaro technology. This can take on any form - a weapon, a cargo crate, intangible data, etc. Anthony, Misha and I will adapt whatever backstory you've given into WMaiD's existing level structure.

Q: Can I use an existing map I've created that *look* like a Jjaro level?
A: Sure, as long as it's your own work that you're retexturing.

Q: What kind of monsters and weapons can we expect in these levels?
A: Game play in your level should reflect a Marathon 2/Infinity weapons assortment (pistol, shotgun, AR, fission gun). Monsters can utilize Drones, the Pfhor, and the UESC (bobs). Any combination of these (or one exclusivley) is acceptable.

Q:Is the level intended for use in Classic OS Marathon, or Aleph One?
A: Aleph One. A shapes patch will be available for download along with the high res AO textures/MML scripts.

Q: Would I be credited with the level?
A: Of course! Credit is given where credits due.

If there's any other questions, please either post in this thread, or contact the WMaiD team: blayne[at]bungie.org

Happy mapmaking!

Regards,
-Blayne
WMaiD Team Lead

Your visions of the Jjaro await ....

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

WMaiD Jjaro Map Making contest - with prizes! *LINK*Blayne 2/2/07 7:07 a.m.
     Re: WMaiD Jjaro Map Making contest - with prizes!Johannes Gunnar 2/3/07 7:03 a.m.
           Re: WMaiD Jjaro Map Making contest - with prizes!Blayne 2/3/07 7:57 a.m.
                 Re: WMaiD Jjaro Map Making contest - with prizes!Johannes Gunnar 2/3/07 10:48 a.m.
     Re: WMaiD Jjaro Map Making contest - with prizes!kyjel 2/3/07 7:34 a.m.
           Re: WMaiD Jjaro Map Making contest - with prizes!Blayne 2/3/07 8:01 a.m.
     Re: WMaiD Jjaro Map Making contest - with prizes!goran 2/3/07 9:48 a.m.
           More Bungie Related stuff for sale *LINK*Blayne 2/4/07 3:02 p.m.
     WMaiD Contest: Tools Download Available *LINK*Blayne 2/4/07 3:07 p.m.
     WMaiD Contest: High Res. Texture pack link! *LINK*Blayne 2/5/07 5:35 p.m.
     WMaiD Map Making contest - Concludes March 31th! *LINK*Blayne 3/26/07 10:24 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.