/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

PiD remakes...
Posted By: Jonathan TennantDate: 1/30/07 10:09 p.m.

I know of at least two PiD remake projects (one for Doom 3 and one for A1) but when I check the sites for them it seems nothing has changed in ages and there's no contact info.

Basically I want to know if anyone is still interested in breathing some life back into PiD...I'm working on a private project of my own (with a custom made full 3D engine, PC only sadly) and I've been using PiD dynamics as sort of a starting point for my own project, and I was thinking perhaps I could use the engine to remake PiD as well (non-profit of course).

So far I've recreated two PiD maps for testing purposes (perfectly accurate copy of Ground Floor, slightly flawed copy of Happy Happy Carnage Carnage), and I must say I felt a bit chilled when I first walked around my Ground Floor map...currently it only has walls, floors, ceiling, runes, pillars, and doors...but I could almost see the dead german in the main chamber, and could sense the first headless near the exit ladder...

So anyway, if anyone is interested in this idea, and wants to see more of it...let me know. And if anyone has a collection of the PiD textures, they would be very useful for testing purposes. Of course I would eventually want to change everything into higher resolution and more realistic versions, but it would make it easier to show off my progress at first.

-Jonathan

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

PiD remakes...Jonathan Tennant 1/30/07 10:09 p.m.
     Re: PiD remakes...thermoplyae 1/30/07 11:05 p.m.
           Re: PiD remakes...Jonathan Tennant 1/31/07 4:46 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.