/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Trojan Volunteers - Frying Tonight!
Posted By: Steve LevinsonDate: 7/22/05 2:06 p.m.

Oh, are we in trouble now! We let Cain out of his cage and for that we should receive the mandatory death penalty that's in our contract with CyberCorp. But there is that small matter of an alien invasion going on and Cain is making his own demands, so we're just too valuable right now. Cain has given an ultimatum - he needs more power - or else. And we've been dropped into Troy's backup reactor facility (we already shut down the main reactor, remember) to give it to him.

This is a nice little lava level with interesting areas to explore and and a nice amount of action. There is a pattern buffer near the start of the level - a nice contrast to some of the others we've played - just watch out for the exploding boomers that frequent the area. You can even see a 2X recharger closeby, but you'll have to enter the service corridors first to raise that bridge so you can reach it. After that it's just a matter of solving puzzles, finding switches and killing baddies - what fun! In the end it's all about lowering a series of contacts to the backup reactor that will feed it's energy to Cain's core.

Since these levels are pretty short, I'd like to pick up the pace a bit once MartiNZ has had a chance to catch up. I'll try to stick to an average of a level a day, but please let me know if you need me to slow down. I've already completed the first 12 levels or so myself, so I'm well ahead of the game.

A few simple observations - the music in the AO version (and perhaps the M2 Win version) seems significantly different than in the M1 version. I'm not sure if the tune is different or if it's just all the extra percussion in the AO version, but it sure sounds different. Perhaps this could also be related to different Quicktime MIDI rendering in M1. I'm curious if anyone else who has access to both could elaborate more on this. Also, the siren lights just don't show up in AO - could someone playing on a PC let us know if this is true for M2/Win as well?

One final correction - I initially stated that the aliens are right-handed and have a single right eye. I was backwards on that - they fire left-handed and have a single left eye.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trojan Volunteers - Frying Tonight!Steve Levinson 7/22/05 2:06 p.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - Frying Tonight!MartiNZ 7/25/05 2:50 a.m.
           Re: Trojan Volunteers - Frying Tonight!Steve Levinson 7/25/05 7:21 a.m.
     Re: Trojan Volunteers - Frying Tonight!Andrew Nagy 8/9/05 6:58 p.m.
           Re: Trojan Volunteers - Frying Tonight!Andrew Nagy 8/16/05 10:22 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.