/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: polyurethane products
Posted By: Steve SwanDate: 5/3/04 5:27 a.m.

In Response To: Re: polyurethane products (Yossarian)

: How do you work your distribution? Is it in-house or do you 3PL? If 20% of
: your orders are custom, how do you get them to the end customer?
There is a whole industry centered around product distribution. There are literally thousands of catalogs...all of which need products to promote & sell. There are also product distrubution companies which will sell products on commission. For custom products, our customer is the individual placing the order...I don't always know where the stuff goes to from there. I don't do retail sales directly, since mucking with sales taxes, etc is a pain. Much easier to let the reseller mess with that...

: Where is your plant? How big is your scope of operation? How many units would
: you say you produce in a month?
We are currently located in Geneseo, Illinois. I wouldn't classify us as a big company (yet <>)...but there is a large demand for the type of stuff that we do, so we stay pretty busy.

How many units/month? Well, that varies by the time of year and exactly what we're making. A few hundred birdhouses here, a thousand stepping stones there...throw in a dozen statues, some prototype machine parts and maybe a few hundred more hummingbird feeders & wall plaques.... It really all depends on what's going on.

: Just curious....
No problem. It's much, much cheaper to describe what we do in a medium like this than it is to do "traditional" promotion via pamphlets, etc. To me, the more people that know we're around & what we do, the better. It's impossible to sell anything when nobody knows you exist.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Re: That looks like only the manualSteve Swan 4/29/04 11:51 a.m.
     Re: fashionable keychain-software?•M 4/29/04 12:25 p.m.
           Re: fashionable keychain-software?Steve Swan 4/30/04 6:37 a.m.
                 Re: polyurethane products•M 4/30/04 8:10 a.m.
                       Re: polyurethane productsSteve Swan 4/30/04 10:08 a.m.
                             Re: polyurethane productsYossarian 5/1/04 2:29 p.m.
                                   Re: polyurethane productsSteve Swan 5/3/04 5:27 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.