/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Marathon Hoodie Article
Posted By: Johannes GunnarDate: 9/16/03 8:47 a.m.

After coming home early from school on Monday the 15th September 2003 because of sickness i was about to lie down in my bed so i could recover but Mom came and told me that "it has arrived" and i was like "what?". That package had probably been around 2 or 3 months on the way from Canada to Iceland and i had given up hope that it would ever arrive but this day it arrived. After taking a closer look at the package. It sure looked like it was from Canada. And unlike the package i sent Ernie, this one was undamaged. I started the process of opening that package. After cutting the tapes, cutting this, cutting that, cutting there and opening that i finally could touch and see the thing i had been waiting for so long. A brand new black Marathon hoodie. It was glorius! So beautiful. When i unfolded the hoodie i noticed there was more stuff inside. A letter from the sender. Ernie. and inside the letter was also another nice thing. A Marathon sticker. Now i wonder where i will put that sticker. I need to find some good place to put it on.

Well for all of you that don't know what i am talking about. Then let me tell you the prelude. One school year i was in "Metal Class" in school and our first assignement was to make a metal buckle and a leather belt to go with it. After some thinking about how the buckle should look like i decided to put the good old marathon logo on it. While making that buckle, me and Ernie decided to trade. He would get the buckle when it was done and i would get a hoodie. When i finally finished my Marathon buckle and the "UESC Marathon" leather belt i informed Ernie and after some time we both sent our packages. My buckle arrived to Ernie very quickly and like some of you remember, he posted an article (just like i am doing) here about it, with pictures and everything. Well i waited and waited, and the hoodie never arrived and i was starting to get kinda scared about it getting lost or something. But it finally arrived and it looks great. Plus it's really comfortable. The most comfortable hoodie i have ever weared in my life i think.

Well a picture is worth a 1000 words so i took few pictures. Here you go.

Here are two pictures of me modeling that hoodie.

...Only the hoodie

And here is all the stuff that came with the package (except the hoodie) that
i am going to store. To the left is the thingy that was hanging on the hoodie, Ernie
had sticked a small marathon sticker on that. In the middle is the big marathon sticker.
To the right is the letter from him. And under is the front of the package. I am just simply
keeping all this stuff because i like to keep good memories :-) All this stuff is now in a box
along with other "memories". Well now i like to thank Ernie for this great hoodie, and the sticker,
and i hope he will also enjoy his buckle :-)

PS: I can't wait to go to school in that hoodie and get beaten up by the Marathon haters :-P

dcbob.forerunners.org

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Marathon Hoodie ArticleJohannes Gunnar 9/16/03 8:47 a.m.
     Re: Marathon Hoodie Articleukimalefu 9/16/03 10:52 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleJohannes Gunnar 9/16/03 11:49 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleClarke 9/16/03 11:59 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleJohannes Gunnar 9/16/03 12:09 p.m.
                       Re: Marathon Hoodie Articlezudo 9/16/03 1:49 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleScifiteki 9/16/03 2:12 p.m.
                                   Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleJohannes Gunnar 9/16/03 2:44 p.m.
           Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleKillJoy 9/16/03 3:26 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon Hoodie Articlethermoplyae 9/17/03 3:19 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleVaxuum BOB 9/17/03 3:58 a.m.
     Re: Marathon Hoodie Articlethermoplyae 9/17/03 3:15 a.m.
           Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleJohannes Gunnar 9/17/03 7:39 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon Hoodie Articleukimalefu 9/17/03 9:13 a.m.
                 Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleBalzac 9/17/03 10:28 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleJohannes Gunnar 9/17/03 12:41 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon Hoodie Articleukimalefu 9/18/03 8:29 p.m.
                 Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleClarke 9/17/03 11:47 a.m.
                       Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleJohannes Gunnar 9/17/03 12:45 p.m.
                             Re: Marathon Hoodie Articleelliott 9/18/03 9:40 a.m.
                                   Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleJohannes Gunnar 9/18/03 10:01 a.m.
                                   Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleKillJoy 9/18/03 11:39 a.m.
                                   Re: Marathon Hoodie Articlegoran 9/18/03 12:33 p.m.
                                         Re: Marathon Hoodie ArticleJohannes Gunnar 9/18/03 2:18 p.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.