/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: What mess is this?
Posted By: Vaxuum BOBDate: 3/5/03 2:30 a.m.

In Response To: Re: What mess is this? (Johannes Gunnar)

: What is wrong with the Doom games, they all look great to me. I have them on
: my mac.
: Doom is one of the games that made everything crazy. Like Grand Theft Auto
: Vice City, Marathon, Quake and Halo, and all those games....

: And i respect Doom for what it is....

: PS: i say they made everything crazy... i am not saying i like all of those
: games, well i like Marathon and Halo. i hate GTA VC, Quake 2 is ok but the
: other ones suck!

: Well that is what i wanted to say.
I didn't fully understand what you wanted to say, actually. I used to have doom 2. I remember it was some fun, although whatever story, well, at least level continuity you found in the first episode was completely gone in the second. But I hate the series for a stupid reson. ID chose the right market. They blew their sales in such a way that the game was a true revolution. It was new, different, bla bla bla... Say whatever you want, I'll still think that compared with Marathon, Doom was a *little* crappy. But it was world-wide reknown. People now call fps "doom-like". I just wish we would do justice, and say "marathon-like".
But this brings two critics up:
1) There aren't that many games that could be compared with the experience marathon was, thus not that much "marathon-like" games at all.
2) What if bungie had developped for the pc. What if the ultimate gaming experience of the time (Marathon) would have been reckognized by all as what it truly was? What if one would indeed say "marathon-like"? Things would have been waay different. I probably still would be eating apples, and be a hardcore Doom fan. Rtcw would be in porting for the mac and the pc, since ID would have been sold to Microsoft and be developing Doom 3 for X-box.
Come to think of it, thank god that didn't happen.
Thank god Doom is still that good old gut-revolting crappy piece of .. uhm "cake".

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

What mess is this?Vaxuum BOB 3/5/03 1:33 a.m.
     Re: What mess is this?Todd 3/5/03 1:52 a.m.
     Re: What mess is this?Johannes Gunnar 3/5/03 2:07 a.m.
           Re: What mess is this?Vaxuum BOB 3/5/03 2:30 a.m.
                 Re: What mess is this?Johannes Gunnar 3/5/03 6:13 a.m.
           It was nice knowing you... ;) *NM*goran 3/5/03 4:02 a.m.
           Re: What mess is this?DonPistola 3/5/03 11:14 a.m.
                 Re: What mess is this?D-M.A. 3/5/03 10:36 p.m.
                       Re: What mess is this?DonPistola 3/6/03 2:55 p.m.
                             Re: What mess is this?D-M.A. 3/6/03 8:30 p.m.
           Re: What mess is this?HamburgerBoy 3/7/03 12:31 p.m.
     Re: What mess is this? Bungie Fans Unite!poena.dare #CP# 3/5/03 4:50 a.m.
     Re: What mess is this?Elliott 3/5/03 10:49 a.m.
     Re: What mess is this?PfhorSlayer 3/5/03 7:27 p.m.
           Re: What mess is this?DonPistola 3/6/03 2:47 p.m.
                 Re: What mess is this?goran 3/6/03 10:56 p.m.
                       Re: What mess is this?Todd 3/7/03 1:06 a.m.
                             Re: What mess is this?goran 3/7/03 1:26 a.m.
                                   Re: What mess is this?Todd 3/7/03 1:41 a.m.
                                         Re: What mess is this?goran 3/7/03 2:03 a.m.
                                               Re: What mess is this?Todd 3/7/03 2:25 a.m.
                                                     Re: What mess is this?goran 3/7/03 3:39 a.m.
                                                           Re: What mess is this?zudo 3/7/03 4:34 a.m.
                                               Re: What mess is this?zudo 3/7/03 2:59 a.m.
                                                     Re: What mess is this?Simon Dupuis 3/7/03 8:40 a.m.
                                                           Re: What mess is this?Todd 3/7/03 12:28 p.m.
                                                                 Re: What mess is this?Simon Dupuis 3/7/03 8:18 p.m.
                                                                 Re: What mess is this?goran 3/7/03 10:19 p.m.
                                                           Re: What mess is this?goran 3/7/03 10:26 p.m.
                                                                 Re: What mess is this?Todd 3/8/03 12:00 a.m.
                                                                 Re: What mess is this?Elliott 3/8/03 7:54 a.m.
                                                                       Re: What mess is this?Mazilurik 3/8/03 8:55 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.