/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

More Maya than meets the eye....
Posted By: GrasshopperDate: 6/5/01 8:23 a.m.

... just thoughts, but it's busy at work, so this is going to be short.

The 7 dials puzzle had me crack open a book I bought a long time ago, and never got around to reading. It's called Mysteries of the Mexican Pyramids, by Peter Tompkins.

There are several things that were mentioned that may be relevant to the puzzle. As before, I'm simply going to offer these, and let the brainier types figure out what they mean, and if they're useful:

•Many pyramids, including the famed Quetzalcoatl Pyramid, had seven stages or steps. ("seven steps down a building.")

•In a post I just read from Chelsea, there are several mentions of tic-tac-toe, as well as Mayan math. The book I'm reading shows how Mayans performed mathematical operations (+ - * /) by using a mat, or checkerboard, that was either three by three squares (i.e., nine squares total), or four by four (i.e., sixteen squares total.) It seems the 3x3 might be applicable, especially since it's often used in cryptograms as well.

•There is a specific way to use these checkboards for mathematical purposes. I haven't figure it out yet, but maybe someone can.

•I previously posted that ACG = Threonine, the resultant amino acid from the nucleotides A-C-G. I still believe that is true. Although it could be coincidence, it's possible that the resultant pun "three of nine," could indicate that part of the puzzle would be either get "three in a row" in a square of nine, or "three of a kind," which relate nicely to Chelsea's mention of Tic-Tac-Toe This system could be used to single out numbers from each glyph perhaps.

•ESE is the airport code (like LAX for la) for El Cipresese, an airport in Ensenada, MEXICO.

•One of the measurements that are used to measure pyramids are their angles, i.e., the angle of all four sides. Could 32 degress be a reference to an angle?

•There are TONS of mathematical goodies involved with the measurements of these Mexican pyramids, these include stages (or steps) that reduce to the same constant (I've seen nine, seven, and three), same with angles, distances, etc. There's a lot of material to assimilate, and my math ain't so good, but I suspect there's more there if you dig a lot.

Okay -- lunch break's over. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

-gh

[ | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

More Maya than meets the eye....Grasshopper 6/5/01 8:23 a.m.
     More Myan culture clues? Here's to you...Siva 6/5/01 11:21 a.m.
           Re: More Myan culture clues? Here's to you...Siva 6/5/01 11:32 a.m.
                 Re: More Myan culture clues? Here's to you...gn 12/19/03 2:35 p.m.
                       Re: More Myan culture clues? Here's to you...the Battle Cat 12/20/03 7:14 a.m.

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.