/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Noticed a neat detail on the logon screens.
Posted By: ReadingOnMarsDate: 9/2/22 7:38 p.m.

Like last time, no idea if this was spotted long ago or not, but the infinity (the one that appears in electric sheep) terminal logon screen has two variations. One of them being a flat green colour, and the other, more frequent one, which contains sections of Aye Mak Secur's map, namely the bottom left and top right sections of the map, which don't appear in any of the map's variations. For simplicity's sake I'll refer to them as the blank texture and map texture, respectively.

I went through and checked when it switches, and the only times the blank texture is used is in Ne Cede Malis, in which the second terminal uses it, but the two terminals following this one have the map texture. Other than that, the blank texture is only used in electric sheep three's terminal and then in all but two of the terminals in Aye Mak Secur, the two exceptions being the hexcode terminal and the terminal mentioning Pthia.

Two things to point out: firstly, the top right corner of Aye Mak Secur is different on the map texture than the actual map. I believe the most likely reason is that the texture was made before the map itself was finished, and they forgot to update it.

Second, the first terminal that uses the blank texture begins with the lines:

"spurious interrupt
unauthorized access
information contained"

Before displaying a text file containing nothing coherent.

Something is operating outside of the cybernetics' expectations and it just sent you a word document. Then, the next terminal after this (excluding the hexcode one) displays the map of the final mission and sends you back in time. My theory is that the unauthorized access is the jjaro implants kicking in and starting you on the journey through time to merge the two AI.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Noticed a neat detail on the logon screens.ReadingOnMars 9/2/22 7:38 p.m.
     Re: Noticed a neat detail on the logon screens.Godot 9/2/22 10:42 p.m.
           Re: Noticed a neat detail on the logon screens.ReadingOnMars 9/2/22 11:46 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.