/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Trying to make sense of the jjaro implants
Posted By: ReadingOnMarsDate: 9/1/22 5:59 p.m.

So I recently discovered the marathon storyline and it's been on my mind for a while, and some of the ideas I had were starting to connect together.

Considering that it's implied that the jjaro take AI and merge it with theirs, and that the timelines always begin with you in contact with either tycho or durandal, I think the jjaro implants are trying to get you to find an AI to merge with thoth. If you consider each failed attempt to be a failure to merge thoth with an AI, with either thoth dying or the star going nova, it makes sense, at least to me.

Additionally, the "eat the path" terminal, which appears in the dream after picking up durandal's chip, has a drawing of a flower with the petals, stamen and pistil labelled. Idk about the petals, but the stamen and pistil seem significant.

Two flowers are needed for reproduction to happen.
Two AI are needed to merge.

You're a bee, and durandal's chip is pollen.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was either long known connection, but it was doing my head in for the last week and I needed to talk about it with someone

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Trying to make sense of the jjaro implantsReadingOnMars 9/1/22 5:59 p.m.
     Re: Trying to make sense of the jjaro implantsGodot 9/2/22 1:24 a.m.
     Re: Trying to make sense of the jjaro implantsForrest of B.org 9/5/22 11:12 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.