/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: What IS the Deimosborn armor set based on? Wel
Posted By: CloudsDate: 6/5/22 3:27 a.m.

In Response To: Re: What IS the Deimosborn armor set based on? Wel (General-RADIX)

: It's probably just to make it fit with Destiny's design language (most, if
: not all, armour sets are full-body); I don't think a modern Marathon game
: would have it look exactly like that.

Agreed. When I think of the Marathon armor set I remind myself that is an homage to the original. Not an attempt to remake the original itself.

The lore included for the weapon "Forerunner", an homage to the pistol in Halo CE, details the gunsmith's thinking when creating this weapon. I like to think the devs/artists making the Marathon armor set took the same approach. Copy + pasted is the last half of the weapon's lore:

Forerunner
A New Chapter for an Old Legend

Beside the relic lay a stripped-down Breachlight. He would adapt it for a larger round. Custom casings and handguard. Sensorium link scope… and he had other ideas to try as well.

It would be an homage, an offering to the creators of the original relic. A legacy.

With that satisfying thought in mind, the gunsmith went to work.

https://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/forerunner

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

What IS the Deimosborn armor set based on? Well…President People 5/26/22 5:49 p.m.
     Re: What IS the Deimosborn armor set based on? Welbeanamonster 6/4/22 4:37 a.m.
           Re: What IS the Deimosborn armor set based on? WelVikingBoyBilly 6/4/22 5:45 a.m.
           Re: What IS the Deimosborn armor set based on? WelGeneral-RADIX 6/4/22 6:34 p.m.
                 Re: What IS the Deimosborn armor set based on? WelClouds 6/5/22 3:27 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.