/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Run Mac OS 7 or 8 on your browser
Posted By: ukimalefuDate: 4/4/22 2:56 a.m.

https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2022/04/boot-up-classic-mac-os-in-your-browser-window-with-the-infinite-mac-project/

"What makes the project unique isn't necessarily that it's browser-based; it has been possible to run old DOS, Windows, and Mac OS versions in browser windows for quite a while now. Instead, it's the creative solutions that developer Mihai Parparita has come up with to enable persistent storage, fast download speeds, reduced processor usage, and file transfers between the classic Mac and whatever host system you're running it on."

The important thing for us here is it comes with Marathon v1.2, as well as M2 and Infinity (and many other classic mac games and other apps)

WARNING: If you tried I couldn't exit the game by hitting esc, or command-q (that one just quit my browser) later I was able to exit Marathon simply by reloading my browser window.

-all those screenshot are inside my browser window (the latest chrome version)

I got a bit of lag between key presses and actions in the game, so you may not want to play the whole thing like that. I have an old 2014 mac mini with 4GB ram running OS X mojave, and not the best internet, so your mileage may vary.

But for what this is, an old Mac running in a browser window, I'm very impressed.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Run Mac OS 7 or 8 on your browserukimalefu 4/4/22 2:56 a.m.
     Re: Run Mac OS 7 or 8 on your browserBob-B-Q 4/4/22 6:49 a.m.
     Re: Run Mac OS 7 or 8 on your browserGeneral-RADIX 4/6/22 1:35 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.