/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacn
Posted By: UrsusArctosDate: 3/31/22 5:29 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacn (Lion O Cyborg)

: Interesting. I had no idea this series even existed. Might be worth checking
: out.

Lord Dunsany was an old stalwart of the fantasy genre a century ago, but all of his contributions have been overshadowed by the meteoric rise of Tolkien in the 1950s and 60s. His works are absolutely worth a read and I think Pegana is in the public domain at the moment.

: That is technically true, though every W'rk prison seems to be temporary,
: even black holes apparently so they may well begin existing again
: sometime, we just never see that exact scenario unless we count the PID
: one going unnoticed in Episode 5's bad ending. I guess their prisons hide
: them so well that they leave no trace.

I just posted an idea related to this in my other response - the PiD one was dreaming and so made its presence known as its dreams became manifest, but this one may have simply been in "dreamless sleep" and so left no trace.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnterUrsusArctos 3/26/22 6:49 p.m.
     Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnGodot 3/26/22 11:31 p.m.
           Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnUrsusArctos 3/30/22 5:11 p.m.
                 Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnGodot 3/30/22 11:54 p.m.
                       Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnBaileyi 12/1/23 8:53 a.m.
                             Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnGodot 12/1/23 9:42 a.m.
     Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnLion O Cyborg 3/29/22 1:05 p.m.
           Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnUrsusArctos 3/30/22 4:43 p.m.
                 Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnDurandal_1707 3/31/22 12:06 p.m.
                       Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnLion O Cyborg 3/31/22 1:47 p.m.
                             Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnUrsusArctos 3/31/22 5:29 p.m.
                 Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnLion O Cyborg 3/31/22 1:43 p.m.
                       Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnUrsusArctos 3/31/22 5:29 p.m.
                             Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnDurandal_1707 4/1/22 4:50 a.m.
                                   Re: Another Lovecraft reference with the W'rkncacnLion O Cyborg 4/1/22 2:48 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.