/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTube
Posted By: GodotDate: 5/8/21 11:23 p.m.

In Response To: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTube (Jeoku)

: Hey everyone! I am planning on creating an in-depth playthrough of PID here
: in the near future. Never played the game before. Or Marathon for that
: matter. I have some videos on Myth and am getting pulled into these old
: Bungie games and enjoying it. Anyways I am a pc user and wondering which
: version of PID would be optimal for my videos. Also which emulator, Mac OS
: version, etc. Thanks for your help.

I am no authority on emulation so I will leave that to the experts.

Regarding what version of PID. There is a version of PID for OSX on the Mac App Store which allows you to play it on more modern Macs (but not the new M1s). It was done by Mark Levin of Man Up Time. This is as close as you will get to playing the original game on a modern Mac.

If you are going to play the original then use v2.0 as this has the floor and ceiling textures and will be more visually appearing.

Having started to watch your Myth videos on Legendary it is clear that you have an in-depth knowledge of the game. This makes the videos enjoyable particularly if you want to learn how to deal with tricky situations. If you have never played PID or Marathon before then I would recommend playing them multiple times before doing a video.

Good luck in your endeavour, particularly if you are going to tackle Marathon on Total Carnage.

Cheers
Hamish

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeJeoku 5/8/21 5:22 p.m.
     Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeGodot 5/8/21 11:23 p.m.
           Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeMark Levin 5/9/21 11:41 a.m.
                 Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeGodot 5/9/21 10:53 p.m.
     Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeVikingBoyBilly 5/9/21 3:36 a.m.
     Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeLion O Cyborg 5/9/21 8:24 a.m.
           Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeJeoku 5/9/21 11:14 a.m.
                 Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeLion O Cyborg 5/9/21 1:01 p.m.
                 Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeW'rkncacnter 5/9/21 11:17 p.m.
                       Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeJeoku 5/10/21 3:37 a.m.
     Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeJeoku 7/7/21 6:33 a.m.
           Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeVikingBoyBilly 7/8/21 4:29 a.m.
                 Re: Pathways Into Darkness Version for YouTubeJeoku 7/11/21 10:56 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.