/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Are there even timelines at all?
Posted By: GodotDate: 1/8/21 5:21 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Are there even timelines at all? (Forrest of B.org)

: I likewise took Infinity to be showing us a little bit behind the curtain of
: how Durandal survived in M2. We see how he survives in Infinity, which
: suggests to me that he's supposed to have done something at least similar
: in M2.

Introducing a chip into M2 is fraught with problems such as explaining what happens to it. There is simply no merger between Durandal and S'pht AI in M2.

Durandal asks us to destroy his core logic centers on Begging For Mercy Makes Me Angry! which we do. But he also says: "Tycho thinks he has destroyed me." which hints at a possible escape plan. But he is not telling us what that could be.

Then Tycho tells us "Durandal's core and data streams are being downloaded to a containment unit of my design in the Battle Group."

We do know that he is not dead by the time we get to My Own Private Thermopylae as he warns us about Thoth and says he will return.

By the time we reach Fatum Iustum Stultorum he has subverted the battleship Khfiva, the largest Pfhor ship in the system.

The most likely theory is that he managed to escape the containment unit, took control of whatever ship we was on and then proceeded to subverted the Khfiva. Or the containment unit may have even been on the Khfiva.

Cheers
Hamish

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Infinity: the Story: Chapt 2, Part 1/2Philtron 12/16/20 2:21 p.m.
     Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 2, Part 1/2Philtron 12/16/20 6:45 p.m.
     Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 2, Part 1/2Godot 12/16/20 11:33 p.m.
           Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 2, Part 1/2Philtron 12/17/20 3:38 p.m.
     Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 2, Part 1/2HamburgerBoy 1/2/21 8:26 p.m.
           Are there even timelines at all?Durandal_1707 1/2/21 11:07 p.m.
                 Re: Are there even timelines at all?General-RADIX 1/2/21 11:54 p.m.
                       Re: Are there even timelines at all?Durandal_1707 1/3/21 6:41 a.m.
                             Re: Are there even timelines at all?Godot 1/3/21 7:39 a.m.
                 Re: Are there even timelines at all?Philtron 1/3/21 12:02 p.m.
                       Re: Are there even timelines at all?Forrest of B.org 1/4/21 1:01 a.m.
                             Re: Are there even timelines at all?Durandal_1707 1/4/21 7:27 a.m.
                                   Re: map layoutsDocument 1/4/21 9:22 a.m.
                                         Re: map layoutsVikingBoyBilly 1/4/21 10:15 a.m.
                                   Re: Are there even timelines at all?Philtron 1/4/21 4:15 p.m.
                                         Re: Are there even timelines at all?Durandal_1707 1/4/21 7:26 p.m.
                                               Re: Are there even timelines at all?General-RADIX 1/5/21 6:13 a.m.
                                                     Re: Are there even timelines at all?Philtron 1/5/21 5:17 p.m.
                                               Re: Are there even timelines at all?Philtron 1/5/21 5:12 p.m.
                                               Re: Are there even timelines at all?VikingBoyBilly 1/6/21 8:05 a.m.
                                         Re: Are there even timelines at all?VikingBoyBilly 1/5/21 5:48 a.m.
                                               Re: Are there even timelines at all?Philtron 1/5/21 5:25 p.m.
                                                     Re: Are there even timelines at all?VikingBoyBilly 1/6/21 8:42 a.m.
                                                           Re: Are there even timelines at all?Forrest of B.org 1/6/21 9:59 p.m.
                                                                 Re: Are there even timelines at all?Godot 1/8/21 5:21 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.