/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

CyberMaxx VR headset for sale on eBay *LINK*
Posted By: Bob-B-QDate: 12/23/20 3:43 p.m.

Hat tip to Shappie on the Marathon Discord for spotting this. Yours for only $893!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cybermaxx-Victormaxx-Technologies-Virtual-Reality-Gaming-Headset-Vintage-/264272022487

Wondering what this has to do with Marathon? Have a look in the Blasts from the Past section. As far as I've been able to find, VictorMaxx never did get around to making the retail headset Macintosh compatible. It was expensive, sold poorly and was quickly eclipsed by competitors. Bungie gave up on VR by the time Marathon 2 was in development.

Of course, to really complete the Marathon VR accessory set you would also need the ADB Automatic Assault Rifle with Grenade Option... if you could find one. The unit Bungie demoed at Boston Macworld in August 1994 and displayed at their office in later years was built out of an off the shelf toy: a Larami Z-Matic M16 cap gun. I'd be surprised if more than a few (or even one) ever existed.

I had a hard time finding photos of an unmodified Z-Matic M16, but I've linked a copy of an eBay listing for a less fancy variant below. Despite the name, it seems to be modeled after an AR-10 rifle from the late 1950s.

Larami Z-Matic M16

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

CyberMaxx VR headset for sale on eBay *LINK*Bob-B-Q 12/23/20 3:43 p.m.
     Re: CyberMaxx VR headset for sale on eBayGodot 12/24/20 9:24 a.m.
     Re: CyberMaxx VR headset for sale on eBayVikingBoyBilly 12/26/20 5:47 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.