/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 3
Posted By: GodotDate: 12/23/20 4:16 a.m.

In Response To: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 3 (Philtron)

:: The last terminal is white text, like dream level text. I believe this text
: is non-diegetic, either representing a third-person narrator or
: representing some intuition granted to the main character by his Jjaro
: implants.

It has always puzzled me why this white terminal text appears here. Aside from the fact that the logon graphic is wrong and the grammar never got fixed from the beta testing days, there is another white text message on the very next level, albeit with a different logon/logoff Jjaro graphic. Hey at least it's white text... right?

So two similarly styled white text messages back to back, one in a failed timeline, the other in a 'dream' state. One saying "find the new way", the other "stay the hard way". Sure they mean the same thing... right?

I can almost hear Greg laughing... “When I use a word, it means just what I choose it to mean — neither more nor less."

But I digress...

Did we really need two white text messages back to back? Maybe the old adage "Two is one and one is none" applies here. But it just feels a little bit higgledy piggledy.

And what is it with the last part of Hang Brain? You grab the chip... then it is...

...smash circuit panel or read terminal?
...read terminal or smash circuit panel?

Free choice?

If you smash the circuit panel you pretty much deny yourself a major story point and makes the final section all the more confusing. Did Greg and the boys really mean to do this to people?

And if you read the terminal you get teleported back to the starting point? What the deuce?

And for what? A bunch of ammo and 3X shields... that doesn't always appear... and you will lose anyway on By Committee.

Did I mention... higgledy piggledy?

Cheers
Hamish

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Infinity: the Story: Chapt 3Philtron 12/20/20 10:05 a.m.
     Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 3Godot 12/23/20 4:16 a.m.
           Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 3Philtron 12/23/20 6:14 p.m.
                 Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 3Philtron 12/23/20 7:07 p.m.
                 Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 3Godot 12/23/20 11:23 p.m.
                       Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 3Philtron 12/25/20 9:22 a.m.
                             Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 3pfhore 12/25/20 8:01 p.m.
                                   Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 3Philtron 12/26/20 9:53 a.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.