/-/S'pht-Translator-Active/-/

Re: Try Again
Posted By: PhiltronDate: 12/20/20 9:29 a.m.

In Response To: Try Again (Bob-B-Q)

: Your explanation remains unpersuasive. You've overlooked at least two
: significant factors. I would give you pointers but at this stage it seems
: a complete waste of time.

Then what are the two significant factors? This entire time all you've done is state your opinion without backing it up at all. This is the third(?) example of you doing this. The only reason my explanation remains unpersuasive to you because you don't want it to be. Meanwhile your explanation is unpersuasive because you don't have an explanation.

There is however one significant factor that you are overlooking. Arbitrary things are different in different timelines. Such as Thoth's physical location, Durandal's decision on how to explore Lh'owon, Tfear's decision on how to capture Durandal, Tych's willingness to use the tri'xeem or not. Because of this you cannot rationally suggest that we know or that the character knows for a fact what Tycho will do in Chapter 1: Despair at the point of Rise Robot Rise.

: Chris Geisel's rationale for alternate spellings exists
: for the same reason as the Lost Network Packets: to paper over some of the
: more egregious errors that slip through when devs are frantically
: crunching to get games shipped.

Right here, you're literally just making up nonsense to justify your flimsy position. (Citation, on your telepathic knowledge of Chris' motivation, needed.)

Yrro/Jjaro is 100% deliberate and not an accident. S'bhuth/S'boath cannot be a typo because they aren't similar enough. You have to literally ignore reality to double down on your childish nit picking.

: In any case the proffered excuse doesn't even work for Tycho's Confound
: Delivery terminal. The Pfhor translations use the trih xeem spelling,
: and they've possessed the wretched things for at least six thousand years.
: If Tycho thought he knew better, he wouldn't be able to resist bragging
: about it.

Have you noticed how across timelines certain things are just arbitrarily different? Such as the decisions made by characters or even the physical location of certain places? Hmmmm? In case not, this is the second time I've pointed this out.

: If you projected any harder, we'd be in a cinema. Psychology is clearly not
: your strong suit.

: I mentioned your mistake because I thought it was a simple oversight you
: would want to correct.

You did not. Hence your condescending "I don't think you've done your homework". Lying is clearly not your strong suit.

: A quick search through the Story Page would have
: confirmed what I told you.

It would not. You are starting with the assumption that you are correct and then twisting your interpretation to fit that assumption, such as your suggestion that Jjaro/Yrro is an accidental typo that Chris Geisel made an excuse for, when the manner in which it is used clearly shows that it was deliberate.

: Between your sloppy methodology and rampant ego, I've lost all interest in
: seeing the rest of your theory.

You haven't expressed an interest in any part of my preceding summary and analysis, so I don't see it as a great loss for your petty and petulant outbursts to vanish from my posts.

Maybe if you had provided some actual insight or some non-condescending feedback I would feel differently. Alas.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Replies:

Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2 *LINK*Philtron 12/15/20 4:06 p.m.
     Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Durandal_1707 12/15/20 6:44 p.m.
           Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Philtron 12/15/20 7:20 p.m.
                 Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Durandal_1707 12/15/20 8:04 p.m.
                       Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Philtron 12/16/20 4:02 a.m.
                             Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Bob-B-Q 12/16/20 10:19 a.m.
                                   Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Philtron 12/16/20 1:37 p.m.
                                         Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Bob-B-Q 12/18/20 7:14 a.m.
                                               Fatum Iustum StultorumPhiltron 12/18/20 2:23 p.m.
                                                     Re: Fatum Iustum StultorumLion O Cyborg 12/19/20 11:58 a.m.
                                                           Kudos *NM*Philtron 12/20/20 9:29 a.m.
                                                     Try AgainBob-B-Q 12/20/20 9:10 a.m.
                                                           Re: Try AgainPhiltron 12/20/20 9:29 a.m.
                                                           Re: Try AgainVikingBoyBilly 12/21/20 3:51 a.m.
                                                                 Re: Try AgainGodot 12/21/20 4:30 a.m.
                                                                       Re: Try AgainForrest of B.org 12/21/20 11:55 a.m.
                                                                             Re: Try AgainGodot 12/21/20 12:05 p.m.
                                                                             Re: Try AgainGodot 12/21/20 12:16 p.m.
                                                                                   Re: Try AgainForrest of B.org 12/21/20 1:35 p.m.
                                                                             Re: trih xeemDocument 12/23/20 8:54 a.m.
                                                                                   Re: trih xeemGodot 12/23/20 10:26 a.m.
                                                                                         Re: trih xeemDocument 12/24/20 7:44 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: trih xeemxcalibur 12/25/20 6:19 p.m.
                                                                                               Re: trih xeempfhore 12/25/20 9:02 p.m.
                                                                                                     Re: trih xeemVikingBoyBilly 12/26/20 5:15 a.m.
                                                                                                           Re: trih xeemForrest of B.org 12/26/20 10:26 a.m.
     Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Godot 12/15/20 11:03 p.m.
     Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Godot 12/16/20 1:08 a.m.
           Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Philtron 12/16/20 3:37 a.m.
                 Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Godot 12/16/20 4:42 a.m.
                       Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Philtron 12/16/20 1:30 p.m.
                             Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Godot 12/17/20 2:26 a.m.
     Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Bob-B-Q 12/16/20 7:37 a.m.
           Re: Infinity: the Story: Chapt 1, Part 2/2Philtron 12/16/20 1:28 p.m.

[ Post a Reply | Message Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg ]
Pre-2004 Posts

Your Name:
Your E-Mail Address:
Subject:
If you'd like to include a link to another page with your message,
please provide both the URL address and the title of the page:

Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:

If necessary, enter your password below:

Password:

Problems? Suggestions? Comments? Email maintainer@bungie.org

Marathon's Story Forum is maintained with WebBBS 5.12.